Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR watching on mobile devices

New Poster

DVR watching on mobile devices

Advertising says we can watch our DVR shows on any mobile device. However, the XFINITY TV App does not have that option available...only On Demand shows! What's the issue here?
Service Expert

Re: DVR watching on mobile devices

DJDJ38 wrote:
Advertising says we can watch our DVR shows on any mobile device. However, the XFINITY TV App does not have that option available...only On Demand shows! What's the issue here?

From the Comcast Official Announcement:

What do I gain by using the XFINITY TV app?
The XFINITY TV app offers all the live and On Demand TV Everywhere content found in the XFINITY TV Go app - more than 125 live TV channels and thousands of TV shows and movies to watch anywhere, including content you purchase from your TV. The XFINITY TV app also offers the ability to watch your full lineup of live TV and even more On Demand content while connected to your in-home XFINITY network. Plus, XFINITY X1 customers can watch their DVR content and even download it for offline viewing!

X1 platform subscribers can access the  last 60 hours of recorded content from the CLOUD ( not from the actual DVR ).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Everytime the past few days when I try and download something that was recorded on my Xfinity 1 DVR - when it hits 1 or 2% I get a message saying "download interrupted" using my Samsung S6 and the new xfinity TV App.  Last week and the past couple weeks it was working great but now this is happening.  I have tried everything I could think of (I work in the IT World) so troubleshooted the best I could. Any help would be appreciated.

Service Expert

HappyDog2016 wrote:

Everytime the past few days when I try and download something that was recorded on my Xfinity 1 DVR - when it hits 1 or 2% I get a message saying "download interrupted" using my Samsung S6 and the new xfinity TV App.  Last week and the past couple weeks it was working great but now this is happening.  I have tried everything I could think of (I work in the IT World) so troubleshooted the best I could. Any help would be appreciated.

was there an error code with the fail to download? Did you try another asset to see if it might just be a corrupted file on the cloud DVR? On you android, use the settings app, and under storage what is your available memory under internal storage? (SD card can't be used to store Xfinity downloads).

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have tried multiple save DVR recorded shows, even one that worked last week to download to my S5. I have 32 gig of free space lol I know it isn't the issue.

No error msgs. See attached pic. Just says download interrupted. I can download shows that are available to download like The Affair from Showtime. Just cant download off my DVR.
Screenshot_20161215-181953.png
Service Expert

Do you know how much free space you have on the device?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have almost 32 gig of free space. I work on computers and program, also a dba so I know something must of changed over the past week system wise. Either on the dvr or maybe the xfininity app on my phone to have this issue to start happening.
Problem Solver

HappyDog2016 wrote:
I have almost 32 gig of free space. I work on computers and program, also a dba so I know something must of changed over the past week system wise. Either on the dvr or maybe the xfininity app on my phone to have this issue to start happening.

Comcast hasn't pushed an Android update to the Xfinity TV app since November 29th (version 3.10.0.016). Do you have another device (phone or tablet) you can try to see if it too is having the download problem?  That might help to determine if it is a device problem, or an account issue.

FWIW, I tested downloading on my Samsung Galaxy S4, and had no issues. That at least shows the process is still working.

Service Expert

I had 0.89 gb on a tribute android. Downloaded a 30 minute SD and a 30 minute HD without problem.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation