Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR use and connections

New Poster

DVR use and connections

I am currently using a VCR to record and watch programs.   I also have a DVD player hooked up.  Can I use a DVR and still maintain use of the VCR and DVD player?   (I assume RCA connections are used on all components.)

Service Expert

Re: DVR use and connections

mac19 wrote:

I am currently using a VCR to record and watch programs.   I also have a DVD player hooked up.  Can I use a DVR and still maintain use of the VCR and DVD player?   (I assume RCA connections are used on all components.)

Normally you attach a DVR to a TV via an HDMI cable. Does your TV have an HDMI connector? No input is available to the DVR other than the coax cable itself.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: DVR use and connections

There IS an HDMI connection which goes directly to (or from)  the existing cable box.  The VCR and DVD player use RCA cables thru a signal-splitter to attach to the TV. So, I guess that set-up would remain and just swap out the existing cable box for the DVR.  OK.  Thank you.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation