Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR shows skipping content on stream app

New Poster

DVR shows skipping content on stream app

I noticed this started a few days ago, maybe a week ago. When I go to watch a show that I had recorded on my DVR through the streaming app on my tablet pieces of the show skip. In order for me to watch full content of a show I have recorded I have to delete the recording then watch it on demand. 

Service Expert

Re: DVR shows skipping content on stream app

Katrinah wrote:

I noticed this started a few days ago, maybe a week ago. When I go to watch a show that I had recorded on my DVR through the streaming app on my tablet pieces of the show skip. In order for me to watch full content of a show I have recorded I have to delete the recording then watch it on demand. 

there is a setting that affects the home X1 equipment but is only able to be set on a desk/laptop at https://tv.xfinity.com/settings/playback-preferences = go there and turn it off and you will have the choice of what you wish to play without deleting your home DVR copy. I wish it also had option of watching the cloud DVR copy of a program if it exists. The next time you have a recording with the problem don't delete it and reply back with the name of the program, the channel number, the date and time it was recorded and the season/episode number. if you delete it, the Comcast employees don't have access to the recording logs to research the problem.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert
Moved:

Official Employee

Hi bbyk, have you tried testing the app on another device? Does the content skip on your DVR? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon