Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR recordings often cut short in stream app.

Contributor

DVR recordings often cut short in stream app.

Please add us to this issue! My wife has been recording "This Is Us" on NBC Tuesday nights. The last two recordings have been terminated early, last week's episode after 11 minutes, this week's episode at 17 minutes. The On Demand has the full length episodes.

Official Employee

Re: X1 DVR recordings often cut short in stream app.

Hi, plummerl - Do you only have an issue with "This is us" episodes? Since your DVR cable box is not on X1 platform, I can't see any recording information. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

ComcastElla wrote:

Hi, plummerl - Do you only have an issue with "This is us" episodes? Since your DVR cable box is not on X1 platform, I can't see any recording information. 

Well duh! This issue does not concern my non-X1 DVR cable box (even though my current contract supports X1, which I refused to enable). The issue here is related to recordings on the "Cloud DVR", programmed by several of my devices (iPad & phone), using the "Stream TV" app. Believe it or not, I actually have a standard HD DVR, along with a Cloud DVR. Before this message was moved to it's own thread, it was very definitely related to the issue that I had originally replied to! That one was talking about device recordings as well, using the Stream TV app.

I only have an issue with the "This Is Us" episodes, because they are the only ones that have been programmed to be recorded of late.

Contributor

A further note:

Looking at other forum entries, this one describes the problem exactly:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Xfinity-Stream-app-only-shows-half-of-a-recorded-show/td-...

and this goes back to March, over seven months ago!

Official Employee

@plummerl - The Cloud DVR feature is available for X1 customers and Stream Packages. At this point, I can't troubleshoot or escalate this issue further before I find out if we have any Cloud DVR trials in your area. I will update this post as soon as I get more information.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

@plummerl - Found a cause of the issue. Basically, the Cloud DVR is available only for X1 customers (or for Stream TV package that doesn't require a cable box). With your current setup, you are not supposed to have an access to the Cloud. You got the access because of the signal interference with one of your neighbors. We will have to correct this issue to avoid any future problems for you and for your neighbors. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

ComcastElla wrote:

@plummerl - Found a cause of the issue. Basically, the Cloud DVR is available only for X1 customers (or for Stream TV package that doesn't require a cable box). With your current setup, you are not supposed to have an access to the Cloud. You got the access because of the signal interference with one of your neighbors. We will have to correct this issue to avoid any future problems for you and for your neighbors. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

"Signal interference"??? Really? Come on, we can do better than that. Per my previous post, I stated that we currently have "Extreme Premier Double Play", which at the time we activated it, featured X1 as a component. At that time I declined receiving the X1 DVR and kept my original DVR. I'm paying for the X1 feature, so I'm assuming that is the reason I'm able to access the "Cloud DVR" from my devices, not because of "signal interference".

Yesterday, all devices running the Stream App had to be re-registered, presumably from something you or someone else at Comcast did. They still have the "Cloud DVR".

So, back to the original question, which also seems to be a common issue with many other customers. Why are some "Cloud DVR" recordings being terminated early?????

Official Employee

@plummerl - The DVR box that you currently have is not under X1 platform. Only X1 customers have an access to Cloud DVR features. Your box is simply not compatible, it's a one-way box, it has no access to the Cloud Storage. The X1 platform is not a component, in order to receive all X1 features you have to have an X1 equipment, and there is no additional charge for it. 

You got the access from your neighbors because there is no POE filter installed. You are basically using their DVR storage. Recordings are short because they probably see unknown recordings and they cancel those. Right now, we are working to isolate this problem. 

If you want to have an access to Cloud DVR, you have to swap your current cable box. You can find more information here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation