Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR recordings not showing up on other devices

New Poster

DVR recordings not showing up on other devices

My devices (ipad and iphone) aren't registering any of my recent recordings.  When I'm home and this happens I can just go to the sync section of my DVR, perform the sync and reopen the app.  That has always worked.  Unfortunately, I'm away from home and there is no way to sync my device to my DVR/cloud to download my recent recordings onto my device. Please help.

New Poster

Re: DVR recordings not showing up on other devices

I've been having the same problem for almost a week now, although syncing with the TV DVR doesn't fix the problem.  I just got off the phone with someone at Comcast and they said this is caused by an "outage" for the app in my area (San Francisco area) and engineers are working on it.  I find it hard to believe that engineers have been working on this for a week now and its still not fixed.  Very frustrating.  If anyone from Comcast is reading this, please give us an updtae.

Service Expert

MelMills wrote:

My devices (ipad and iphone) aren't registering any of my recent recordings.  When I'm home and this happens I can just go to the sync section of my DVR, perform the sync and reopen the app.  That has always worked.  Unfortunately, I'm away from home and there is no way to sync my device to my DVR/cloud to download my recent recordings onto my device. Please help.

that's not how it works. the sync DVR menu has no effect on the cloud DVR. The cloud DVR creates its own recording copy independently of the physical DVR. when you have the Stream TV app open, and on the 'recordings' is the full % near 100?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

No, my DVR isn't full or near full on the app but it's good to know that I should pay attention to that.
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation