New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR on Xfinity tv app not working right, jumping

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 13

I am trying to watch my dvr recordings on my tablet, which as an x1 customer I am supposed to be able to do. This is the 3rd time I have tried, and it isn't working right at all. It's not the recording, because when I go home and watch it, it works fine. But on my tablet, or phone, when I do this, the show looses time. It should be an hour recording, and I get like 20 minutes. That's 20 minutes for the whole show, because it jumps. I see some beginning, some middle, and some end. it's like everytime the show changes shots, or a comercial comes on, it jumps. Even the comercials jump.

This is happening over multiple devices through the app, so I know it isn't them. Is this normal, or how can it be fixed. Am I missing a setting or something?

12 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 13

While I'm sad to hear you're having this problem, I'm happy to hear more people reporting this problem as I've been experiencing it since November.  Thanks for your feedback!

Comcast, your agents told me this was now "a priority ticket" as of this past Friday.... Now lets see you get your "priorities" in order!!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 13

I am having this problem as well.  I'm in St. Paul, MN and also responded in another thread.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 13
Mine is also jumping just as you described. I'm in Shakopee MN. This is so frustrating as I already had to buy a new kindle to accommodate the xfinity tv app as they stopped supporting former apps and kindles. Please resolve ASAP
Posted by
Visitor

Message 5 of 13
This is also happening to me, I'm in Shakopee MN. Beyond frustrated as a Comcast customary - already had to buy a new kindle to make the new app work and now the DVR playback is total junk. Please resolve ASAP
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 6 of 13
Solution

So aparently this was an issue in the cloud for a lot of people, involving some coding problem, but they said it is fixed for everyone as of 01/28/17. I'm not sure if that is true yet, as I forgot my tablet at home, but if so, cool.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Message 7 of 13
I have had this problem consistently for the last 2 weeks so it is definitely not solved
Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 13
It constantly does this to me. Last night 2/4 shows that recorded show up as 12min out of hour and 15 min out of hour. The other 2 shows are full recordings. I live in PA
Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 13

This is still happening to me as well.  Both in the app on my iPad and in the Web-based version.  The first mention of this problem I could find in this forum was posted last December: 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/App-has-truncated-DVR-recordings-and-wrong-utilization-re...

in which "ComcastDan" (an actual employee) said:

It sounds like you've had a few failed Cloud recordings which can happen from time to time (it is all fairly new technology and quite amazing it works as often as it does!).

What is actually amazing is that Comcast/Xfinity employees think that it's acceptable for technologies (even "fairly new" technologies) we pay for to not work consistently (or consistently not work). For me, I'd estimate that this happens around 50% of the time.  Completely unacceptable.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 13

It's frustrating that they've introduced this functionality, but it doesn't work consistently. It's a toss up whether or not the programs I try to download to my iPad will even download at all (often get messages like "download for show X was interrupted") or when I've started the download and verified that it is progressing, I'll go off to do something else and when I come back not only has the download not progressed, it's back to 1% progress. When programs do download, during sections of playback the recording will hang up to where I have to advance past that point or will jump to a commercial or previous show and then jump back to it's proper place in the span of a second or two. The one to two second cuts back to the show that came on before the recording or a commercial will happen multiple times during the playback, often toward the middle or second half of the program.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 11 of 13

blevine218 wrote:

This is still happening to me as well.  Both in the app on my iPad and in the Web-based version.  The first mention of this problem I could find in this forum was posted last December: 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/App-has-truncated-DVR-recordings-and-wrong-utilization-re...

in which "ComcastDan" (an actual employee) said:

It sounds like you've had a few failed Cloud recordings which can happen from time to time (it is all fairly new technology and quite amazing it works as often as it does!).

What is actually amazing is that Comcast/Xfinity employees think that it's acceptable for technologies (even "fairly new" technologies) we pay for to not work consistently (or consistently not work). For me, I'd estimate that this happens around 50% of the time.  Completely unacceptable.

I agree it is unacceptable to have such a high failure rate!  I was referring to occasional glitches in my earlier comment. Please contact us at 800-XFINITY and open a support ticket if you haven't already.  Very sorry for the inconvenience. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 12 of 13

My recordings have been missing time and pixelating so bad I can't see the picture.  The fix I got was not to be able to get anything on my Samsung tablet.  Now it says "You have no completed recordings... yet.    Put your X-1DVR to work."  See screen shots.

Is this the resloution?  Works fine on my laptop and on TV through the box. 

tmp_10995-Screenshot_2017-05-16-19-23-38833087419.png
Posted by
Visitor

Message 13 of 13

A bove was Screen shot 2 of 2

Below is 1 of 2

tmp_10995-Screenshot_2017-05-16-19-23-59607866589.png