Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR on IPad

New Poster

DVR on IPad

I am trying to watch my dvr recordings on my ipad.  I have watched my recordings on this ipad before without issue.  Recently, I had to change my xfinity account password.  When I did this, and then signed into my xfinity stream app using the new password, the app started showing my parents dvr recordings instead of my own.  My account is not linked with my parents account in any way.  I have no idea how it would know that I am even associated with them.  But, for whatever reason, the app is now showing the recordings from their dvr instead of the recordings from my own dvr even though I am signing in under my OWN account.  It also should be noted that the dvr's are in completely seperate houses/locations and, again, are in no way linked.  How can I fix this?  Is there a way to forget their DVR and add mine?

Service Expert

Re: DVR on IPad

mpscherer wrote:

I am trying to watch my dvr recordings on my ipad.  I have watched my recordings on this ipad before without issue.  Recently, I had to change my xfinity account password.  When I did this, and then signed into my xfinity stream app using the new password, the app started showing my parents dvr recordings instead of my own.  My account is not linked with my parents account in any way.  I have no idea how it would know that I am even associated with them.  But, for whatever reason, the app is now showing the recordings from their dvr instead of the recordings from my own dvr even though I am signing in under my OWN account.  It also should be noted that the dvr's are in completely seperate houses/locations and, again, are in no way linked.  How can I fix this?  Is there a way to forget their DVR and add mine?

log out and then log back into your account. If you are in their home, turn off wifi and login first then switch to wifi. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

hmmm i have logged out and logged back in multiple times and it didnt fix the issue.  i have also disconnected and reconnected wifi multiple times.  i was using the standard "xfinitywifi" wifi to watch, did the "forget network", and then turned it back on and logged in.  no luck still.

One thing to also mention is when i logged into the "xfinitywifi" standard wifi (outside of the app) to update my password since it had changed, it asked me to name my device.  it defaulted to "Mike's I-Padgahajakal$$%^$%" (something like that) so I deleted the extra characters so it would just say "Mike's I-Pad".  This I-Pad was previously used (several years ago) by my parents to watch their dvr.  It is possible that at that time, the device was known as "Mike's I-Pad".  So, it seems ridiculous, but is it possible that it is identifying the dvr recordings in the app by the name of the device ("Mike's I-Pad") instead of me actually signing in and logging into my own xfinity account?

Also, I have the "xfinity remote" app and that works with my own dvr box (so it works correctly).  So on the same Ipad, I have two apps, and one controls the correct dvr box and one controls the incorrect dvr box.  

New Poster

also, forgot to mention, i am not at their home.  andeven when using the ipad in my home on my own internet network, it still connects to their recordings.

Bronze Problem Solver

mpscherer wrote:

hmmm i have logged out and logged back in multiple times and it didnt fix the issue.  i have also disconnected and reconnected wifi multiple times.  i was using the standard "xfinitywifi" wifi to watch, did the "forget network", and then turned it back on and logged in.  no luck still.

One thing to also mention is when i logged into the "xfinitywifi" standard wifi (outside of the app) to update my password since it had changed, it asked me to name my device.  it defaulted to "Mike's I-Padgahajakal$$%^$%" (something like that) so I deleted the extra characters so it would just say "Mike's I-Pad".  This I-Pad was previously used (several years ago) by my parents to watch their dvr.  It is possible that at that time, the device was known as "Mike's I-Pad".  So, it seems ridiculous, but is it possible that it is identifying the dvr recordings in the app by the name of the device ("Mike's I-Pad") instead of me actually signing in and logging into my own xfinity account?

Also, I have the "xfinity remote" app and that works with my own dvr box (so it works correctly).  So on the same Ipad, I have two apps, and one controls the correct dvr box and one controls the incorrect dvr box.  

Did you ever have a login user name/password for you parents account?

New Poster

I think at one point they did log into the ipad using their username and password.  I have never done it though.  so the answer to your question is yes, i think.  but it was years ago, i have subsequently deleted/restored/updated the app since then and i have been watching my recordings on my dvr using my account info for the past 7 months or so without an issue.

Service Expert

mpscherer wrote:

I think at one point they did log into the ipad using their username and password.  I have never done it though.  so the answer to your question is yes, i think.  but it was years ago, i have subsequently deleted/restored/updated the app since then and i have been watching my recordings on my dvr using my account info for the past 7 months or so without an issue.

call 800-Comcast and select billing. verify that your comcast email is only assigned to your account. then ask the representative to do a deep background refresh of your account (can take up to one hour). you might want to verify your modem 'MAC' address is listed on your account (only).

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I’m having the same exact problem. 

Service Expert

Gregloef13 wrote:

I’m having the same exact problem. 

did you follow the directions directly above your post?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation