Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR download keeps resetting

New Poster

DVR download keeps resetting

I have been attempting to download a recording from my home DVR to my iPad for about a day now.  The download progress fine until it reaches 93% and it just resets... No notice, no error message. Any suggestions? Anyone experience a similar problem?

Service Expert

Re: DVR download keeps resetting

Lgreaney wrote:

I have been attempting to download a recording from my home DVR to my iPad for about a day now.  The download progress fine until it reaches 93% and it just resets... No notice, no error message. Any suggestions? Anyone experience a similar problem?

did you try a hard reset of the ipad (press home and lock at same time until it reboots)? under settings how much memory is available?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I haven't tried a hard rest yet but I will def try that. As for storage I have over 6 gb available 

New Poster

I have tried a hard reset but it's still not fully downloading 

Service Expert

Lgreaney wrote:

I have tried a hard reset but it's still not fully downloading 

can you record last 15t minutes of an SD program for example from TV land? and then try a 30 minute program. then if those are successful find an HD 30 minute to download of big bang theory or similar 30 minute show? 

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I have noticed the same thing, and it has been a real recent development. Makes the app useless for me. I had zero issues with this until the past week. Now it just resets. 30 minute episodes, iPad Pro with > 120 GB memory free.

Is there an update? I've done soft rested, cleared cache, tried on wifi and LTE, etc.

Really frustrating as I fly a lot and watch my shows on flight.
Service Expert

kkmcj wrote:
I have noticed the same thing, and it has been a real recent development. Makes the app useless for me. I had zero issues with this until the past week. Now it just resets. 30 minute episodes, iPad Pro with > 120 GB memory free.

Is there an update? I've done soft rested, cleared cache, tried on wifi and LTE, etc.

since last report on this thread Comcast determined the problem and said it should be updated by next week (they said monday but available for download might be later). 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

kkmcj wrote:

Sorry you are having trouble with downloads.  The download issue will be fixed by Apple when they release 10.2 which is currently in beta. It occurs when the app is backgrounded or there is a network hiccup in downloading the content. There is nothing Comcast can do to resolve this since the issue is with the operating system.

The issue that was fixed this past Monday via a new iOS app release was causing some user's video to freeze up or loop during ad breaks. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

I have downloaded the iOS updates, did hard resets, uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity TV app and still, if downloading a movie, the download keeps resetting at 91%.  Very frustrating.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Service Expert

PeterBurke wrote:

I have downloaded the iOS updates, did hard resets, uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity TV app and still, if downloading a movie, the download keeps resetting at 91%.  Very frustrating.

Is anyone else having this problem? 

is your iOS version 10.2 or higher?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

This is a continual problem for me (iPhone 6plus, IOS 10.3.2, all versions of the Stream app - I stay updated). Shows download to 30,50,or 90 %, then resets to zero with no diagnostic. It happens at home (Boulder,CO), in hotels on the road, in airports throughout the country. Sometimes after 20-30 tries I can get a successful download. Backgrounding isn't the issue- I can leave the download running in foreground with auto lock set to never and it will still happen. The download "feature" is a complete bust as far as i can see. Some sort of error information would be really helpful.
Service Expert

sog1927 wrote:
This is a continual problem for me (iPhone 6plus, IOS 10.3.2, all versions of the Stream app - I stay updated). Shows download to 30,50,or 90 %, then resets to zero with no diagnostic. It happens at home (Boulder,CO), in hotels on the road, in airports throughout the country. Sometimes after 20-30 tries I can get a successful download. Backgrounding isn't the issue- I can leave the download running in foreground with auto lock set to never and it will still happen. The download "feature" is a complete bust as far as i can see. Some sort of error information would be really helpful.

using the settings app, under 'general' select "about'. what is the available memory?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I assume you mean available storage (flash memory) rather than actual RAM, which isn't reported by settings. There's nearly 36 GB available, so that's not the issue.

Speaking as someone with 4 decades of software development experience, the stream app doesn't really impress me.
Service Expert

sog1927 wrote:
I assume you mean available storage (flash memory) rather than actual RAM, which isn't reported by settings. There's nearly 36 GB available, so that's not the issue.

Speaking as someone with 4 decades of software development experience, the stream app doesn't really impress me.

have you tried a hard power reset of the device? I have iphones, ipods, mini-ipad, several android phones and an android tablet all download just fine. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Yes, of course I've reset the device
Service Expert

Rustyben wrote:

sog1927 wrote:

have you tried a hard power reset of the device? I have iphones, ipods, mini-ipad, several android phones and an android tablet all download just fine. 

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hello sog1927, are you trying to download recordings or OnDemand episodes? By any chance, do you have specific examples, when you try to download something and it keeps resetting back to zero? Have you tried downloading the same episode/recording on a different device? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Recordings. I haven't tried a different device because this is the only xfinity app-capable device I own.
Frequent Visitor

I started having these same issues yesterday.  Download speeds suddenly dropped to nothing....takes forever to download what used to download in mere minutes.  In addition, it rests in the middle of the sloooowwwww download.  Speedtest shows I'm getting normal downloads of over 200 Mbps on other things.  Nothing else has changed on my devices.  I have IOS 10.3.2.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  Done a hard reboot.  Nothing works.  What happened overnight to cause this?  Frustrating to say the least.  I typically download my DVR'd news shows and listen to them while walking.  

New Poster

I asm havign same issue although my ios is older 9x something never had any issue before... I also use this for travel any resolution yet?

Administrator
Administrator

@sog1927 , @cbusto, @sdearden . This could potentially be an issue with the internet or DVR, have you tried doing a power-cycle on the dvr by unplugging from power and reconnecting ? If you have done this on the DVR, try it as well with your modem since there is a chance that could be the source of the problem. If the problem persist after trying that let us know and we could have this looked into further. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Given that the DVR is copied to the cloud too, it shouldn't be an issue with the DVR, right? I am having the same issue. Trying to download 4 shows, only 1 will successfully download. Reset phone and DVR for fun, same issues
Administrator
Administrator

If it had a sync issue it could be potentially an issue with the DVR as well. Reason I recomend troubleshooting the internet as well in case it might be just a problem there. -FC 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

No internet problems. Just downloaded 5 feature length films from Netflix.
Administrator
Administrator

Jake, Netflix works differently for the way it downloads. For downloading DVR shows the system usually has to see if you are home and the shows that are sync to the cloud. This is why Netflix might work for you now and not the DVR downloads. I also did a quick check of your modem and there does seem to be an issue with a very high up time for the modem. Try unplugging it and reconnecting it and let me know if it fixes it for you. If it doesn't then we would need to look at other things. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Administrator
Administrator
Moved:

Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation