Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

DVR SAYS ONLY 10 MINUTES RECORDED BUT AT HOME 60 MINUTES IS SHOWN.

New Poster

DVR SAYS ONLY 10 MINUTES RECORDED BUT AT HOME 60 MINUTES IS SHOWN.

After my DVR has recored shows I will watch them at work the next day.  However, like last night, I dvr'd the Walking Dead.  I went to watch it today and it says that 12 minutes was recorded.  When I go home the whole episode it there?  This has been happening a couple of times a week and with different shows.  

Is anyone else having this issue?

thanks

New Poster

Re: DVR SAYS ONLY 10 MINUTES RECORDED BUT AT HOME 60 MINUTES IS SHOWN.

I am having the same problem with Walking Dead as well for the last two episodes. Did you get it figured out?
Expert

@gardner1418 wrote:

After my DVR has recored shows I will watch them at work the next day.  However, like last night, I dvr'd the Walking Dead.  I went to watch it today and it says that 12 minutes was recorded.  When I go home the whole episode it there?  This has been happening a couple of times a week and with different shows.  

Is anyone else having this issue?

thanks

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hello gardner1418. The recordings you see in the app are stored on your cloud DVR as opposed to your cable box DVR. The cloud DVR is smaller than your cable box DVR and when new recordings are made, the oldest recordings may be deleted to make room for a new recordings. The only way to prevent this is to be sure your cloud DVR has space available and watching and then deleting the oldest programs first. Unfortunately, there is no way to get the old recordings back on your cloud DVR except for recording them again.