Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Could Not Create Download

Regular Visitor

Could Not Create Download

Almost everyday I record shows and then overnight I download them using the app live streaming app. Each week I have a few shows that return the 'Could Not Create Download' message. I call customer support several weeks ago and was told they do not know about issues with the app so write up a ticket and was told someone would call me back. No one ever called. Is there a reason why certain shows will not download? It is very frustrating since the error message does not provide a detail description of the cause.
Tags (1)
IMG_4221.PNG
Service Expert

Re: Could Not Create Download

brandy_luree1 wrote:
Almost everyday I record shows and then overnight I download them using the app live streaming app. Each week I have a few shows that return the 'Could Not Create Download' message. I call customer support several weeks ago and was told they do not know about issues with the app so write up a ticket and was told someone would call me back. No one ever called. Is there a reason why certain shows will not download? It is very frustrating since the error message does not provide a detail description of the cause.

are you able to download other assets when that happens? if so, the cloud DVR rand into a problem while recording the show itself.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Yes. I downloaded 5 other shows after I tried to download this set of shows. I do not believe I have cloud DVR. I have a regular DVR box. I can watch the shows on the DVR just fine.
Service Expert

your home DVR does not supply the downloads, it is your cloud DVR that you are accessing via the Xfinity Stream app. Both are supposed to record all recordings that you schedule/make.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Still cannot download the shows and there is no explanation. This happens frequently. Only way I can watch is if I can find time at home to watch on DVR from TV
Service Expert

brandy_luree1 wrote:
Still cannot download the shows and there is no explanation. This happens frequently. Only way I can watch is if I can find time at home to watch on DVR from TV

would you try logging out of the app, and deleting it and then reinstalling it?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Yes, I tried deleting it and reinstalling. I even rebooted my device during the process. I even rebooted my machine at home and restarting the system. I think it would be easier to research if the error message had an explanation of why it was not downloading.
Service Expert

brandy_luree1 wrote:
Yes, I tried deleting it and reinstalling. I even rebooted my device during the process. I even rebooted my machine at home and restarting the system. I think it would be easier to research if the error message had an explanation of why it was not downloading.

as a test would you record a short SD program from example TVland. When the recording finishes download it to see if successful.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

also is the device 'rooted'?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I just recorded 4 new shows tonight. All 4 downloaded but the show from yesterday is still giving me the error. I watched 30 minutes of it today on my tv at home. Tried to download the rest but keep receiving the error message for it and the other 3 episodes of the same show. The recordings appear to be fine since I can still watch them on my TV. So not sure why I cannot download. Especially since I am able to download the other shows I just recorded tonight.
Regular Visitor

What is the definition of rooted? Xfinity just installed the system over the summer. So it is set-up based on how they did it.
Regular Visitor

Sounds like there is no solution for this issue. Last night I tried to download a show and only 5 minutes downloaded. The app showed it being done recording but on my DVD it recorded for an hour. I use to have DirecTV. Their app was superior to this one in regards to downloading shows.
Service Expert

brandy_luree1 wrote:
Sounds like there is no solution for this issue. Last night I tried to download a show and only 5 minutes downloaded. The app showed it being done recording but on my DVD it recorded for an hour. I use to have DirecTV. Their app was superior to this one in regards to downloading shows.

downloads to devices come from the cloud DVR (not from your home equipment). Did you try playing the recordings on a smart device (iOS or android) and it played normally playing through the 5 minutes time period that the recording failed/stopped? It may be that the cloud DVR has an issue but without more information, not sure to what area of tech support to refer the problem.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

It will not play on my iPhone. Only the DVR in my house.
Regular Visitor

I mean only the first 5 minutes play on my iPhone and then it stops but I can watch whole show on DVR in my house.
Service Expert

brandy_luree1 wrote:
I mean only the first 5 minutes play on my iPhone and then it stops but I can watch whole show on DVR in my house.

that verifies it is the comcast Cloud DVR server. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

Hey brandy_luree1, I'll check on your cloud DVR issues. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your account address and full name for assistance.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank so Much!
New Poster

I’m having the same issue. Really hoping to load up before my flight next week. Can someone help me out?
Service Expert

@Jmm3 wrote:
I’m having the same issue. Really hoping to load up before my flight next week. Can someone help me out?

make a short 30 minute SD recording (like TV land). When it finishes recording, attempt to download it. did it work? if not, did you get an error message and error number?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation