Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,805,546

members

21

online now

1,951,955

discussions

Top

Compromised App

ANSWERED
New Poster

Compromised App

I have called, chatted, was supposed to have a ticket opened to receive a call back (which never happened).. someone is logged into my account, using the stream tv app. They are watching and recording shows. Supposedly on Thursday the tier two rep did something so everyone would have to log back in... that didn’t work. I’ve changed my password since as well. Last night a new show was recorded, and one that I recorded was watched. 

What can I do to make sure this person is kicked off the app, and cannot log back in since I’ve set up 2 step authentication and changed the password??

SYA
Accepted Solution

Re: Compromised App

Hi Schauna

 

I've deprovisioned all the mobile and web devices on your account. Please log back in with your new password.

 

LHC

View answer in context
Tags (3)
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Compromised App


Syarmendariz wrote:

I have called, chatted, was supposed to have a ticket opened to receive a call back (which never happened).. someone is logged into my account, using the stream tv app. They are watching and recording shows. Supposedly on Thursday the tier two rep did something so everyone would have to log back in... that didn’t work. I’ve changed my password since as well. Last night a new show was recorded, and one that I recorded was watched. 

What can I do to make sure this person is kicked off the app, and cannot log back in since I’ve set up 2 step authentication and changed the password??


You did it backwards, first you have to change pw then have rep remove devices from account.

New Poster

Re: Compromised App

I did that, I actually have changed it three or 4 times because I thought changing the password logged everyone out

.. I changed the password again before I called... then after just for extra precaution 

SYA
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Compromised App


Syarmendariz wrote:

I did that, I actually have changed it three or 4 times because I thought changing the password logged everyone out

.. I changed the password again before I called... then after just for extra precaution 


Changing pw doesn't log out others. Do you have any other accounts they may be using?

New Poster

Re: Compromised App

No.. I logged in on their phone at work a few months back, and never logged out. My fault, I know.. but that’s neither here nor there at this point. I just want them logged off now. 

SYA
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Compromised App


Syarmendariz wrote:

No.. I logged in on their phone at work a few months back, and never logged out. My fault, I know.. but that’s neither here nor there at this point. I just want them logged off now. 


Don't know what to tell you other than maybe the rep on phone didn't do it right. Changing pw then having all devices removed would require anyone to have to login with new pw.

New Poster

Re: Compromised App

Alright. I mean that’s kind of what I was figuring because the rep didn’t seem to understand what I was asking at all. I keep seeing in these posts that reps replying are “decommissioning” users... that’s definitely not the word the rep I spoke to said, so it’s probably safe to say it wasn’t done properly. 

SYA
New Poster

Re: Compromised App

I am currently talking to a rep telling me that there’s nothing they can do, when I “change the password it kicks logged in users out.”

 

SYA
Problem Solver

Re: Compromised App

Hi Schauna

 

I've deprovisioned all the mobile and web devices on your account. Please log back in with your new password.

 

LHC




Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Compromised App

Having same problem van somebody help
Service Expert

Re: Compromised App


wrote:
Having same problem van somebody help

hi, what is your specific problem and what are the symptoms? What have you already done to try to resolve it?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Compromised App

Somebody is using my xfinity stream I changed my passcode and was on the phone with security tier 2 they said change my passcode and it will log out anybody on and they will have to sign in I was on the phone with them 3 days in a row to reslove this and when i check my recordings on app shows are already watched. I want anybody connected to my app to be off and i will just log in with my new passcode. I have made mistake of logging on devices and prob not logging off assuming it will log me out.
Service Expert

Re: Compromised App


wrote:
Somebody is using my xfinity stream I changed my passcode and was on the phone with security tier 2 they said change my passcode and it will log out anybody on and they will have to sign in I was on the phone with them 3 days in a row to reslove this and when i check my recordings on app shows are already watched. I want anybody connected to my app to be off and i will just log in with my new passcode. I have made mistake of logging on devices and prob not logging off assuming it will log me out.

pehaps someone in the home is watching and not deleting the episodes (marks them as watched) or is manually marking the recordings as watched?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Compromised App


@wrote:
Somebody is using my xfinity stream I changed my passcode and was on the phone with security tier 2 they said change my passcode and it will log out anybody on and they will have to sign in I was on the phone with them 3 days in a row to reslove this and when i check my recordings on app shows are already watched. I want anybody connected to my app to be off and i will just log in with my new passcode. I have made mistake of logging on devices and prob not logging off assuming it will log me out.

Just changing your password will NOT log out anybody logged into your app. After changing your password a rep has to deprovision devices in your account.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Compromised App

Nobody in the house is watching those certain shows plus I can still open my ipad and watch shows and i never signed out from when I changed the passcode it hasnt logged me out
Frequent Visitor

Re: Compromised App

Do you know who I talk to to get this done nobody seems to know what that is.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Compromised App


@wrote:
Do you know who I talk to to get this done nobody seems to know what that is.

The reps on the forum can take care of deprovisioning devices from your account.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Compromised App

Can you direct me to a rep that can do this still having problems
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 569 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation