New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast TV on airplane

ANSWERED
New Poster

Comcast TV on airplane

i'd like to watch comcast TV on my iPad mini on the airplane.... will it be accessible?  if so, how do I go about doing that ?

Accepted Solution

Re: Comcast TV on airplane

boboaki wrote:

i'd like to watch comcast TV on my iPad mini on the airplane.... will it be accessible?  if so, how do I go about doing that ?

I moved your post to the mobile stream app area of the forum.

Better to download (up to 10 assets) and watch them without need of internet at all. The download speeds on the plane that you pay for or get an hour free with a phone carrier may not be working and the verify routine might not work without access to GPS. Let us know how it worked out on the live TV (set filter on the app to 'available out of home').

View answer in context
Tags (2)
Service Expert

boboaki wrote:

Better to download (up to 10 assets) and watch them without need of internet at all. The download speeds on the plane that you pay for or get an hour free with a phone carrier may not be working and the verify routine might not work without access to GPS. Let us know how it worked out on the live TV (set filter on the app to 'available out of home').

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you!
Official Employee

Rustyben wrote:

boboaki wrote:

Rusty is correct. Your connection speed on an airplane likely won't be sufficient for streaming. Airlines block streaming on most apps such as Netflix and Hulu. I don't think they are aware of the XFINITY Stream app yet but I was unable to get enough bandwidth when I tried a couple months ago. 

One small tip, sometimes when you have wifi turned on with a slow connection the app will try to access the Internet and it can cause issues even with downloaded content. If that happens, just turn off wifi and the app will playback the downloads a bit better.

To find downloadable content, go to On Demand and select the "Available for download" filter. Note that this filter doesn't work for the very top row (double wide, promoted items) but the rest will be properly filtered. If you have X1 with Cloud DVR, you can also download any of those from your "Recordings" section. Enjoy your trip!

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation