Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cant live stream anything we've subscribed to

New Poster

Cant live stream anything we've subscribed to

Hi all. The app has been acting funny since this morning. I have been looking a bit through the forums, but there is nothing recent so i figured i would ask. I was streaming (both live and on demand) perfectly last night before bed. Channel line up from 30 something and up is gone until the political channels and home shopping (cspan and such) i believe. Another thing I noticed was the boxes in the rooms now show up on the 'streaming devices' list now. They were not there before. I just wanted to ask about getting this fixed or if there is maintenance going on in the background I missed the memo on. I included some screen shots of what I am seeing and if there is something going on on my end as well.

Bill is paid for.

Reset on system has been done (all of the boxes and internet).

Restart on ipad and app has been done.  

image.png
image.png
Service Expert

Re: Cant live stream anything we've subscribed to

Janielyn wrote:

Hi all. The app has been acting funny since this morning. I have been looking a bit through the forums, but there is nothing recent so i figured i would ask. I was streaming (both live and on demand) perfectly last night before bed. Channel line up from 30 something and up is gone until the political channels and home shopping (cspan and such) i believe. Another thing I noticed was the boxes in the rooms now show up on the 'streaming devices' list now. They were not there before. I just wanted to ask about getting this fixed or if there is maintenance going on in the background I missed the memo on. I included some screen shots of what I am seeing and if there is something going on on my end as well.

Bill is paid for.

Reset on system has been done (all of the boxes and internet).

Restart on ipad and app has been done.  

would you try using another smart device or a desk/laptop to determine if it is the device or your account? Also, run the xfinity my account app and go to the internet tab. do you show a current modem listed? does it match the model number and serial number of your modem?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

This app sure has started being funky.  About a week ago, the keypad icon on the app grayed out for me and I can't directly pick a channel like I used to.  Now I have to go to Live TV and do a "find" on my channel number.  A few extra steps.

And this morning, it started telling me I'm not on my home network and can't watch the channel I want to watch.  This was a problem about a year and a half ago that got resolved but it's back!

I hope the owners of this app know what's going on and cay fix it.

Service Expert

GeneU wrote:

This app sure has started being funky.  About a week ago, the keypad icon on the app grayed out for me and I can't directly pick a channel like I used to.  Now I have to go to Live TV and do a "find" on my channel number.  A few extra steps.

And this morning, it started telling me I'm not on my home network and can't watch the channel I want to watch.  This was a problem about a year and a half ago that got resolved but it's back!

I hope the owners of this app know what's going on and cay fix it.

If it is a Comcast Gateway (modem) you should be connected to an SSID of Home- something. If you are connected to xfinitywifi you will not be identified as being 'in the home'. you might want to verify your GPS is 'on' on the smart device too.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I restarted my Modem and Router with the same results.  And I am on my on SSID Network.

This happened overnight with no changes to my setup.  I beleive it's a problem with the app.  Others have all of a sudden experienced problems.  This happened about a year ago and Comcast finally admitted it was their problem and fixed it.  I hope they do again, and soon.

Service Expert

GeneU wrote:

I restarted my Modem and Router with the same results.  And I am on my on SSID Network.

This happened overnight with no changes to my setup.  I beleive it's a problem with the app.  Others have all of a sudden experienced problems.  This happened about a year ago and Comcast finally admitted it was their problem and fixed it.  I hope they do again, and soon.

using a smart device please run the Xfinity my account app. select the internet tab and verify your modem model and serial number is listed there.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Problem fixed!  For now.  Looking at Devices on My Account, I discovered the Modem Serial Number showed my old modem that I had to replace a few weeks ago.  I got a new modem, same Arris model (TM822G) and everything was working fine for a couple of weeks.  Then last weekend Streaming told me I'm not on my home network.  I'm suspecting the data base that contains devices data was restored to an older version, but I don't know.

But I just worked with a technician, she added the info for my new modem, and voila!

The streaming app is working. And my new modem shows up under Devices.

Official Employee

Janielyn, were you able to get your issue resolved?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation