New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot Stream

ANSWERED
New Poster

Cannot Stream

I cannot stream on the Xfinity Stream TV App. This issure has been present for about 2 months now. It says that I need to enter a parental control passcode to access the content but it was NEVER setup on the application. When i click on a show that I want to watch (or live tv) it asks for a perental control passcode. I have checked everywhere on the account for a passcode and have not found anything. I have even tried to enter the voicemail passcode just incase. No passcode has been enabled for over 5 years. We have enabled parental controls for a few minutes in hopes that it would allow the passocde setup (0000). Going in for support to a satalite office is useles, we went three times for help and they all said that they filed a ticket. None of them filed a support ticket until the fourth time of which they finally filed a support ticket. They called the it was filed for more information. Never followed up on this issue.

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Stream

Dparker113 wrote:

I cannot stream on the Xfinity Stream TV App. This issure has been present for about 2 months now. It says that I need to enter a parental control passcode to access the content but it was NEVER setup on the application. When i click on a show that I want to watch (or live tv) it asks for a perental control passcode. I have checked everywhere on the account for a passcode and have not found anything. I have even tried to enter the voicemail passcode just incase. No passcode has been enabled for over 5 years. We have enabled parental controls for a few minutes in hopes that it would allow the passocde setup (0000). Going in for support to a satalite office is useles, we went three times for help and they all said that they filed a ticket. None of them filed a support ticket until the fourth time of which they finally filed a support ticket. They called the it was filed for more information. Never followed up on this issue.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I just removed all the mobile devices from your account which should solve your problem.  You'll need to sign in again on each of your phones/iPads.

Parental Controls for the Stream app are setup on each device, individually within Settings (looks like a gear icon). 

-ComcastDan

View answer in context
Official Employee

Dparker113 wrote:

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I just removed all the mobile devices from your account which should solve your problem.  You'll need to sign in again on each of your phones/iPads.

Parental Controls for the Stream app are setup on each device, individually within Settings (looks like a gear icon). 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

This did resolve my issue. I just want to make sure that you understand that I did NOT setup the parental control anywhere.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation