Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot Delete Recorded Shows From the App

New Poster

Cannot Delete Recorded Shows From the App

For the last month or so I have not been able to delete my recorded shows from the streaming app. I have deleted them from the xfinity DVR box but they are still on the app! Everyone I try to delete I get a message that says it was not deleted please try again later! How do I fix this?
Official Employee

Re: Cannot Delete Recorded Shows From the App

Sounds like the error is correct—you're trying to delete a show that's already been deleted, so the Scheduler doesn't know what to do with the request. The problem is that we're still showing these old recordings in the UI when we shouldn't be. Let's try a couple different things to see if we can clear out what appears to be a stale cache.

(I'm assuming by "the app" you mean Xfinity Stream, btw.)

If you don't have any downloads: Tap the hamburger menu in the top left corner of the screen, scroll down to the bottom of the navigation, tap the Setting wheel next to the xfinitystream logo, and then tap Sign Out. Tap Get Started and sign back in.

If you're on an iOS device (iPhone/iPad) and you have downloads you don't want to lose, this method will also clear any caches while also preserving downloads: Go to Settings (wheel icon at the bottom of the left navigation area, next to the xfinitystream logo) > Parental Controls and toggle on Parental Controls (you'll need to set a PIN), then choose a Safe Browse setting that's *not* Hide None. Back out of Parental Controls and tap Done in Settings. Repeat these steps, but set Safe Browse back to Hide None (unless you like having all the racy titles and cover art hidden :-). This should work on Android as well, fwiw, but I haven't tested it personally.

LHC

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Service Expert

adding.. the new version has a 'pull down' to refresh your list of recordings on iOS (apple) devices. I could not make the list update on android devices (so far).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion, I tried it but it did not work.  I even uninstalled app and reinstalled.  I tried it on the computer as well.  I did get a message on the computer saying that Comcast is aware of the problem and is working on it.

Thanks,

Kima84

New Poster

I have also had the same problem and its very frustrating because my app says my memory is full but at home its not because these recording are deleted and now the new shows I record do not show up in the app. Its very very frustrating. Please fix this xfinity.
New Poster

Im also not able to delete shows that are scheduled for recording for a future date. Always this capability previously but not over the last couple of weeks. Was this an update to app?
Highlighted
Service Expert

Azor2 wrote:
Im also not able to delete shows that are scheduled for recording for a future date. Always this capability previously but not over the last couple of weeks. Was this an update to app?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/td-p/3006332

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation