New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't use HDMI to display on TV

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 4

Old TVGo app was much better. New one does not work with my older Kindle Fire. I could display on my TV with HDMI. Now new app doesn't allow display on my TV with HDMI with my new Nvidia Shield tablet. It just shows error "Because of security protocols required by our Network partners, you can enjoy this video on your mobile device only." Big ripoff and stupid. 

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 4

Don_S wrote:

Old TVGo app was much better. New one does not work with my older Kindle Fire. I could display on my TV with HDMI. Now new app doesn't allow display on my TV with HDMI with my new Nvidia Shield tablet. It just shows error "Because of security protocols required by our Network partners, you can enjoy this video on your mobile device only." Big ripoff and stupid. 

Correct, our mobile apps can't be viewed on the TV screen because of contractual restrictions.  We do, however, have a Roku app and you can connect a PC/laptop (because we have no way to block HDMI out from laptops).

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 4

Comcast says there is no way they can block the sound through hdmi out of laptops but it is being blocked. I have my hdmi from my macbook pro connected to a big screen and I can hear sound through any other page like netflix and yutube but this xfinity is blocking the sound from hdmi to go into the big screen monitor, only allowing the picture but using only my internal seakers on the comuter. This is not an issue due to anything but comcast blocking the sound. I don't get it. what the heck is the point. very dumb. no one else seems to be doing this

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 4 of 4

beatwolfe wrote:

Comcast says there is no way they can block the sound through hdmi out of laptops but it is being blocked. I have my hdmi from my macbook pro connected to a big screen and I can hear sound through any other page like netflix and yutube but this xfinity is blocking the sound from hdmi to go into the big screen monitor, only allowing the picture but using only my internal seakers on the comuter. This is not an issue due to anything but comcast blocking the sound. I don't get it. what the heck is the point. very dumb. no one else seems to be doing this

Allowing a TV to be used as a PC monitor is a grandfathered function by the content providers (networks/producers who set the restrictions).. The desk/laptop can be connected to an amplifier. If you use a Roku (currently free while in beta testing) the sound is provided to the TV via the Roku since it is treated as any other set top box.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon