Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't download all episodes from DVR to ipad

New Poster

Can't download all episodes from DVR to ipad

I'm trying to download 3 episodes of Lucifer from my DVR through the tv app. 

I started on season 2, ep 1... and it says awaiting download. Every few seconds it flashes a progress bar with 0%, then back to "awaiting download".  Never progresses past 0%.

i clicked to download ep2, and it immediately started downloading. Worked perfectly. 

Then on to ep3, it did exactly like 1... just awaiting download. 

Did all of these within a few seconds of each other, so it isn't intermittent service. Ipad has 33GB free, so it isn't the device. 

Any ideas what's happening?

Service Expert

Re: Can't download all episodes from DVR to ipad

JBennett1 wrote:

I'm trying to download 3 episodes of Lucifer from my DVR through the tv app. 

I started on season 2, ep 1... and it says awaiting download. Every few seconds it flashes a progress bar with 0%, then back to "awaiting download".  Never progresses past 0%.

i clicked to download ep2, and it immediately started downloading. Worked perfectly. 

Then on to ep3, it did exactly like 1... just awaiting download. 

Did all of these within a few seconds of each other, so it isn't intermittent service. Ipad has 33GB free, so it isn't the device. 

Any ideas what's happening?

the app may not be getting or if getting (an error message typically a number) an error code, may not be yet programmed to handle 'what to do if the episode exists but no longer on the cloud DVR. Comcast has just recently changed the cloud DVR to not mirror recordings and space but to only 'keep' the last 60 hours of programming (first on the cloud DVR first to be deleted from the cloud DVR). Can you play that episode using the ipad? would be great to know.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Ep2, which did download, allowed me to play it from the ipad.
Ep1, only showed "start" (presumably start download) and cancel controls. I hit cancel, and it said something about returning it to the dvr. At that point, I was able to watch it from the recordings tab in the TV app.
This is fine... but I was hoping to load up my iPad with videos to watch on long flights.
Thanks for the help.
Service Expert

JBennett1 wrote:
Ep2, which did download, allowed me to play it from the ipad.
Ep1, only showed "start" (presumably start download) and cancel controls. I hit cancel, and it said something about returning it to the dvr. At that point, I was able to watch it from the recordings tab in the TV app.
This is fine... but I was hoping to load up my iPad with videos to watch on long flights.
Thanks for the help.

there may be something wrong in the 'meta data' (some previous threads in the forum) that caused that or perhaps the very recent change of max of last 60 hours on the cloud DVR (first or oldest recorded = first one deleted from the cloud DVR only).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation