Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't activate HBO go app on Amazon Fire stick- Please Help!!

New Poster

Can't activate HBO go app on Amazon Fire stick- Please Help!!

I downloaded the HBO go app onto my Amazon fire stick. Went to hbogo.com/activate, selected Amazon fire, selected Comcast xfinity, and was rerouted to the buy HBO page. Never taken to page to put in the activation code. Did this multiple times. Different browsers. Cleated cashe. I've had HBO in a bundle for a very long time so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'd just like to use this app, as I'm paying for the service. Please help! I've read thru some of the forums about this issue, and I'm not about to sit on the phone with customer service if they don't know how to solve this issue, as I've seen stated in some of the responses on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Service Expert

Re: Can't activate HBO go app on Amazon Fire stick- Please Help!!

Dianne222 wrote:
I downloaded the HBO go app onto my Amazon fire stick. Went to hbogo.com/activate, selected Amazon fire, selected Comcast xfinity, and was rerouted to the buy HBO page. Never taken to page to put in the activation code. Did this multiple times. Different browsers. Cleated cashe. I've had HBO in a bundle for a very long time so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'd just like to use this app, as I'm paying for the service. Please help! I've read thru some of the forums about this issue, and I'm not about to sit on the phone with customer service if they don't know how to solve this issue, as I've seen stated in some of the responses on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

you may have to use a different browser. Would you try using a smart device TVgo app? note that if you accidently go to HBOnow or use the HBOnow app the signin will fail.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I've tried different browsers. Just keeps doing the same thing. I've given up. Was hoping someone from Comcast would reply with a solution. 😔
New Poster

Sorry. Didn't see that you are a service expert. I never went to HBO now. Just HBO go. Beyond frustrated.
Service Expert

Dianne222 wrote:
Sorry. Didn't see that you are a service expert. I never went to HBO now. Just HBO go. Beyond frustrated.

hmm.. I googled "fire stick & HBO go" and found this link 

https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/211542197-Is-HBO-GO-supported-on-Amazon-Fire-TV-or-Fire-TV-...

which sent me to this link http://www.hbogo.com/devices/ and when I check Comcast Xfinity it lists the devices supported and fire stick is not included. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Unsubscribe from HBO through Comcast and subscribe to HBO through Amazon channels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation