New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't Install Xfinity Channel on Roku

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Can't Install Xfinity Channel on Roku

I've tried on two different Roku sticks, both from the iPhone Roku app and the stick itself.  From the iPhone app, I justs get a blank screen when I search for and select Xfinity Streaming Beta.  On the sticks, searching for Xfinity shows an generic channel icon with a big question mark in the middle.  Selecting "add this channel" starts the install process which then terminates with no message, returning me to the prior screen.

I just tried this for the first time last night.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Install Xfinity Channel on Roku

MikeJup wrote:

I've tried on two different Roku sticks, both from the iPhone Roku app and the stick itself.  From the iPhone app, I justs get a blank screen when I search for and select Xfinity Streaming Beta.  On the sticks, searching for Xfinity shows an generic channel icon with a big question mark in the middle.  Selecting "add this channel" starts the install process which then terminates with no message, returning me to the prior screen.

On which model of Roku sticks are you attempting to install?

What Roku devices can I use the app with?
Initially, the XFINITY TV Beta app will only be available for use on the following Roku players: Ultra (4640), Premiere (4630), Premiere (4620), Express (3710), Express (3700, 3710), Roku TV (5XXX, 6XXX: Models within the 5000 and 6000 range), Streaming Stick (3600), Roku 4 (4400), Roku 3 (4200, 4230), Roku 2 (4210). The XFINITY TV Beta channel will only appear in the channel store for eligible devices. Devices must be on minimum firmware version 7.5.

View answer in context
Official Employee

MikeJup wrote:

On which model of Roku sticks are you attempting to install?

What Roku devices can I use the app with?
Initially, the XFINITY TV Beta app will only be available for use on the following Roku players: Ultra (4640), Premiere (4630), Premiere (4620), Express (3710), Express (3700, 3710), Roku TV (5XXX, 6XXX: Models within the 5000 and 6000 range), Streaming Stick (3600), Roku 4 (4400), Roku 3 (4200, 4230), Roku 2 (4210). The XFINITY TV Beta channel will only appear in the channel store for eligible devices. Devices must be on minimum firmware version 7.5.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I think that may be the problem. They are 3500X. I didn't realize that there were different stick models (had to peel off a sticker to find the model number!)

if indeed it is the model causing the symptoms I saw, you might want to see if you can change the behavior in this circumstance to be more prescriptive. 

Thanks for for the quick response. 

New Poster

Hello. My roku LT isn't on the list of eligible models however the channel comes up in my channel store. I read that you need a version 7.5.0 or higher. I have a 7.6.0. Will I be able to download the channel?
New Poster

Just tried to install Xfinity stream beta on Roku Express.  Unable to install because says I have to be on Home Network.  I am on my Home Network. All the other Roku channels seem to be working fine.  But, the Xfinity channel is not working.  It gives me a code to authorize and says I am successful in using the code, but unable to stream any Xfinity programs.

Checking the Roku settings, states that the signal strength is poor.  Called the modem provider, Motorola, and tried another channel, but still poor strength and cannot get the Xfininty channel to work. 

Do I need a WiFi extender to improve signal strength? 

Service Expert

marfong wrote:

Just tried to install Xfinity stream beta on Roku Express.  Unable to install because says I have to be on Home Network.  I am on my Home Network. All the other Roku channels seem to be working fine.  But, the Xfinity channel is not working.  It gives me a code to authorize and says I am successful in using the code, but unable to stream any Xfinity programs.

Checking the Roku settings, states that the signal strength is poor.  Called the modem provider, Motorola, and tried another channel, but still poor strength and cannot get the Xfininty channel to work. 

Do I need a WiFi extender to improve signal strength? 

what is your current Roku firmware version? Roku physical model number?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

I had the same problem.  I had to call comcast to make sure they had my modem serial number in their system.  They didnt, once they put it in their system it worked.

Official Employee

Hi justsoyouknow, thank you for sharing your resolution here with us. If you need anything further please feel free to reach back out to me here. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

i have roku2  model 2720 firmware 8.0 not able to install what gives

Problem Solver

ahaleni wrote:

i have roku2  model 2720 firmware 8.0 not able to install what gives

Doesn't look like your roku is supported

"What Roku devices can I use the app with?
Initially, the XFINITY Stream Beta app will only be available for use on the following Roku players: Ultra (4640), Premiere (4630), Premiere (4620), Express + (3710 and 3910), Express (3700, 3900), Roku TV (5XXX, 6XXX: Models within the 5000 and 6000 range), Streaming Stick + (3810), Streaming Stick (3600 and 3800), Roku 4 (4400), Roku 3 (4200, 4230), Roku 2 (4210). The XFINITY TV Beta channel will only appear in the channel store for eligible devices. Devices must be on minimum firmware version 7.5."

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-on-roku-faqs/