members

online now

discussions

Can't Install Xfinity Channel on Roku

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I've tried on two different Roku sticks, both from the iPhone Roku app and the stick itself.  From the iPhone app, I justs get a blank screen when I search for and select Xfinity Streaming Beta.  On the sticks, searching for Xfinity shows an generic channel icon with a big question mark in the middle.  Selecting "add this channel" starts the install process which then terminates with no message, returning me to the prior screen.

I just tried this for the first time last night.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 3
Solution

MikeJup wrote:

I've tried on two different Roku sticks, both from the iPhone Roku app and the stick itself.  From the iPhone app, I justs get a blank screen when I search for and select Xfinity Streaming Beta.  On the sticks, searching for Xfinity shows an generic channel icon with a big question mark in the middle.  Selecting "add this channel" starts the install process which then terminates with no message, returning me to the prior screen.

I just tried this for the first time last night.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

On which model of Roku sticks are you attempting to install?

What Roku devices can I use the app with?
Initially, the XFINITY TV Beta app will only be available for use on the following Roku players: Ultra (4640), Premiere (4630), Premiere (4620), Express (3710), Express (3700, 3710), Roku TV (5XXX, 6XXX: Models within the 5000 and 6000 range), Streaming Stick (3600), Roku 4 (4400), Roku 3 (4200, 4230), Roku 2 (4210). The XFINITY TV Beta channel will only appear in the channel store for eligible devices. Devices must be on minimum firmware version 7.5.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 3

I think that may be the problem. They are 3500X. I didn't realize that there were different stick models (had to peel off a sticker to find the model number!)

if indeed it is the model causing the symptoms I saw, you might want to see if you can change the behavior in this circumstance to be more prescriptive. 

Thanks for for the quick response.