Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can only view TV GO channels on my home network w/ Xfinity TV app & website portal

Frequent Visitor

Can only view TV GO channels on my home network w/ Xfinity TV app & website portal

As of this morning the Xfinity TV android app, across multiple devices, and the new "black style" website portal only allows me to see and view TV Go channels for live viewing on my home network. At first a device reboot seemed to fix it as my full channel lineup was once again available for viewing. Not so anymore. As of right now the problem persists across my GS3, Nexus 7 and the website TV/DVR portal using Win8.1/Chrome. The only live channels available are TV GO. I can still review my DVR recordings and watch them without issue. Account is paid up and in good standing and my X1 DVR still works and I can view my channel lineup on my TV. This is occuring in the SWFL Cape Coral market and appears to be a problem with Comcast on their backend. Unfortunately i do all my live viewing via streaming devices, as the DVR/TV is in my elderly fathers bedroom. So i'm SOL with nothing besides TV Go channels to watch live. I'm a work at home caregiver and rely on the app for all my viewing, as i can carry my tablet around the house as i'm working, doing chores, going to the can etc. without missing anything.

And no, before Captain Obvious asks if I'm using the Xfinity TV app and not the TV GO app by mistake, of course i'm using the correct app. I just don't get my full live channel lineup with it anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The problem began this morning 8/24. Anyone else seeing this too?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can only view TV GO channels on my home network w/ Xfinity TV app & website portal

As i mentioned above this is also occuring with the Xfinity website portal (https://tv.xfinity.com/) so it is not just an app issue, but a general streaming issue. I can't view my full channel lineup live via streaming by any means from within my own home network (beside TV Go channels). This includes 2 android devices w/ Xfinity TV app and a Win8.1/Chrome tablet using the website portal. It's as if a "TV GO" filter is in place but all channel guide filters are off.

Just thought i'd add that as ComcastAndrew moved this from the X1 forum to the "TV App & TV Go App" forum without any comment to the issue at hand. Which is a complete lack of ability to stream my full channel lineup by any means, from within my own home network. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can only view TV GO channels on my home network w/ Xfinity TV app & website portal

Sorry, this problem is NOT solved. I accidently clicked the "choose this solution" link not realizing what it was. 

Anyway my full channel lineup is suddenly available again on my 2 devices running the Android app. As briefly happened this morning after the problem started, only to have them disappear again until now.

However the Xfinity TV website portal (https://tv.xfinity.com/) is still only showing TV GO channels. Maybe a reboot is required...?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Frequent Visitor

Nope, i've rebooted and the Xfinity TV website portal tv.xfinity.com is still only showing TV GO channels over my home network. Just a FYI, i don't use the web portal for live TV very often.

My main concern was with the android app and it's back to showing my full channel lineup for the time being.

Email Expert
Moved:

Contributor

I'm not having the same problem you are, as I can see the full channel lineup on https://tv.xfinity.com, but something happened with my recordings in the cloud.  Yesterday I had about 70% full with 100+ recordings (I record 4 judge shows in SD).  Today, it looks like all recordings prior to 7/12 are gone and there are only 32 recordings left (15 SD), yet it is showing as 98% full.  What is going on??

New Poster

i have also noticed channels dropping in and out its a pain someone isnt programming right . on another note stop willfully blocking linux os its illegal to do so chrome has everything needed to watch but xfinity blocks the os outright .

Service Expert

dmd73 wrote:

i have also noticed channels dropping in and out its a pain someone isnt programming right . on another note stop willfully blocking linux os its illegal to do so chrome has everything needed to watch but xfinity blocks the os outright .

we have a dell chromebook that works fine with chrome. The security requirements have to be met that are demanded by the content providers under contract with comcast. You may find a proper package/patch or other method in group news feeds etc. If the content providers have not approved the security in linux then the chrome browser won't be allowed to access the site. This is not comcast's direciton but they are bound by contracts.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation