Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Beta app vs dvr

Frequent Visitor

Beta app vs dvr

My beta app is cutting my dvr recordings short, some don't show up at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Rebooted, checked for updates etc
Service Expert

Re: Beta app vs dvr

Shannon430 wrote:
My beta app is cutting my dvr recordings short, some don't show up at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Rebooted, checked for updates etc

what is a beta app? you posted this in Stream TV app. Are you speaking of the Beta test of instant TV for Xfinity internet (only) customers?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

It's the beta tv app on roku
Service Expert

Shannon430 wrote:

please be sure to press the 'quote' button to show what you are replying. Can you give a few examples of date/time/channel where this happens? you do know that the recordings only begin at the moment you hit the record button, right?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

Shannon430 wrote:

please be sure to press the 'quote' button to show what you are replying. Can you give a few examples of date/time/channel where this happens? you do know that the recordings only begin at the moment you hit the record button, right?

yes im aware how dvr service works
For example the show 'Will and Grace' is on my x1 box and recorded for 34 minutes, however the app on Roku shows 18 minutes recorded. Another example is 'Law and order true crimes: the menendez murders', there are 5 episodes on my x1 stb recorded and only 4 on the app. This happens different times, days, and channels."

Tags (0)
Service Expert

Shannon430 wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Shannon430 wrote:

yes im aware how dvr service works
For example the show 'Will and Grace' is on my x1 box and recorded for 34 minutes, however the app on Roku shows 18 minutes recorded. Another example is 'Law and order true crimes: the menendez murders', there are 5 episodes on my x1 stb recorded and only 4 on the app. This happens different times, days, and channels."

I moved your post to the X1 area as the subject is actually the X1 cloud DVR. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hi, Shannon430 - The "Will and Grace" recording has been deleted; "Law and Order True Crimes" was canceled due to a tuner failure. How do you set up your recordings? As "New only episodes" or "New and Repeat"? Some of the shows, like "Criminal Minds", are scheduled to record for 4 hours straight. In order for me to escalate it further, we will need to have an available recording, not in "deleted" status. Do you have any available examples at this moment? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

If it was a tuner failer how come it's on my x1 stb currently? I did delete the other recording. Now episode 6 of law and order true crimes says it's a full recording of 59 minutes but plays 5 mins and says it's over. I do new only episodes for all my shows. The problem is my DVR thinks there are new episodes of shows and several hours will show until the day of air it seems to work out

ComcastElla wrote:

Hi, Shannon430 - The "Will and Grace" recording has been deleted; "Law and Order True Crimes" was canceled due to a tuner failure. How do you set up your recordings? As "New only episodes" or "New and Repeat"? Some of the shows, like "Criminal Minds", are scheduled to record for 4 hours straight. In order for me to escalate it further, we will need to have an available recording, not in "deleted" status. Do you have any available examples at this moment? 

Official Employee

@Shannon430 - It was a tuner failure from the Cloud side, not from the cable box. Nothing serious, just a one-time failure. The Episode 6 of "Law & Order True Crime" has been recorded for full 59 minutes and I'm not sure why it only plays for 5 minutes. I submitted a ticket to Advanced Repair team, they should contact you directly. I will send you a ticket number in a private message. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

@Shannon430 - Have you received a call from the agent? I see the note that they tried to reach you. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation