Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Audio lags behind video on Xifinity Stream app

Regular Visitor

Audio lags behind video on Xifinity Stream app

I am using the Xfinity Stream TV app for Android, playing downloaded DVR videos on a Samsung 10.1 Tab A.  Audio is via LG HBS760 Bluetooth headphones.  Tablet is offline (no WiFi connection).  The audio lag is significant, enough to cause annoyance.  Is there any solution for this?

Service Expert

Re: Audio lags behind video on Xifinity Stream app

jgatie wrote:

I am using the Xfinity Stream TV app for Android, playing downloaded DVR videos on a Samsung 10.1 Tab A.  Audio is via LG HBS760 Bluetooth headphones.  Tablet is offline (no WiFi connection).  The audio lag is significant, enough to cause annoyance.  Is there any solution for this?

if the android does not offer a setting under bluetooth for the device then nothing to do. bluetooth takes a small amount of time to encode/broadcast/decode for playback. same happens to me on my uconnect chrysler car speakers for my iphones.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I'm aware of this.  However, other video apps such as Netflix and Amazon Video have a built in compensation for Bluetooth headsets that minimizes the delay.  Other 3rd party apps like VLC have a manual setting to allow the user to sync up the audio and video.  The Xfinity app has the worst delay of any app I use for video, it is simply unwatchable.  Perhaps you should check into techniques being used by other services and incorprate them into your app.

Service Expert

jgatie wrote:

I'm aware of this.  However, other video apps such as Netflix and Amazon Video have a built in compensation for Bluetooth headsets that minimizes the delay.  Other 3rd party apps like VLC have a manual setting to allow the user to sync up the audio and video.  The Xfinity app has the worst delay of any app I use for video, it is simply unwatchable.  Perhaps you should check into techniques being used by other services and incorprate them into your app.

when you listen to a mobile device using built in or wired plug in speakers/headphones do you notice lipsync issue?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Rustyben wrote:

when you listen to a mobile device using built in or wired plug in speakers/headphones do you notice lipsync issue?

No, there is no lag with plug in headphones.  Only Bluetooth.  But as I said, there is no lag using Netflix or Amazon Video with either Bluetooth or Plug in headphones.  Only Xfinity Stream shows this delay, and it is excessive.  I would estimate over 1/2 second delay.

New Poster

Previous poster is correct.  HBO GO, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu have all fixed this.  Xfinity is behind the times as usual on this.

Please fix.  Phones are starting to not have wired headphones, as you know.  Please catch up!

Service Expert

jtjathomps2 wrote:

Previous poster is correct.  HBO GO, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu have all fixed this.  Xfinity is behind the times as usual on this.

Please fix.  Phones are starting to not have wired headphones, as you know.  Please catch up!

that's not how it works. The bluetooth encoder/transmitter/receiver don't know about video at all but the process of packaging, sending, and unpackaging the audio takes a few milliseconds. If your device (video - example a phone or tablet or PC) does not have the ability to delay the video to help match the time, then it is just part of the experience. I've used all but Hulu in your list and Xfinity and don't find issues using bluetooth other than slight delay in audio.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I notice there are multiple threads where you claim this problem doesn't exist.  However no matter how much you gaslight people looking for help this problem remains.  Audio has never synced right for me on the xfinity app, and it hasn't been an issue on hulu, netflix, prime video, Adult swim, or any of a half dozen other streaming video apps that work just fine.  Literally the only things i have sync issues with are things that make me log in to xfinity (xfinity stream app and fox sports go for example).

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation