Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

App will not stream due to licensing issue?

New Poster

App will not stream due to licensing issue?

Currently I can not stream any content on my phone cuz the app keeps telling me that there is a license issue and to disconnect all external devices and airplay then try again. I’ve checked all my settings and have no devices connected for airplay and no mirroring cut on. Is this a issue with the current version due to the new iOS 11? Is there any way to bypass the issue or a setting that can be changed in the app the bypass this issue?
Service Expert

Re: App will not stream due to licensing issue?

Poppaclos wrote:
Currently I can not stream any content on my phone cuz the app keeps telling me that there is a license issue and to disconnect all external devices and airplay then try again. I’ve checked all my settings and have no devices connected for airplay and no mirroring cut on. Is this a issue with the current version due to the new iOS 11? Is there any way to bypass the issue or a setting that can be changed in the app the bypass this issue?

what version of iOS? what version of the app? is your device jail-broken? have you tried another iOS or android device?  The error you are seeing is generated by the Digital Rights Management system and the device is reporting some version of HDMI connected device or an app that is streaming the display screen to another device.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation