Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

App vs. Tv

New Poster

App vs. Tv

Why am I  able to watch shows on the app that I  can't watch on my tv?

Official Employee

Re: App vs. Tv

Swild333 wrote:

Why am I  able to watch shows on the app that I  can't watch on my tv?

I suspect that the shows you are curious about are labeled as "TV Go"  in the app (called "TV Everywhere" or "TVE" in the industry). The rights to stream content in the home (called "Title 6" rights) are entirely separate from the TV Everywhere rights. Comcast secures those rights from the programmers but some content isn't available as TVE ("TV Go) and some isn't available as Title 6 (in-home). This is also the reason that some content has an "in-home only" badge (where we can't get the TVE rights). We'd very much like a one-to-one match if it were possible. 

It's way more complicated than it should be and hopefully these distinctions go away over time as contracts get renewed and studios/programmers loosen up on rights restrictions. Hope this helps clear up your question a bit.

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Not quite the same issue- but there's a glitch in the newest version of the tv "remote" app where the traditional "red dot" displayed in channel listings next to shows scheduled for recording no longer appears. Likewise, selecting the show itself shows no indication that it is scheduled. Only the DVR manager in the app shows scheduled items. There are many posts about this in remote app reviews at Apple App Store. Here is more detail on what I just posted there and in @comcastcares:

I'm having a new issue with the latest version of the remote app, which apparently is not just happening to me (from many posts in the Apple App Store):

Was using the old "remote" app on iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1 and it worked great until Comcast dumped it a couple of months ago.
Actually just bought new iPhone 7 plus with iOS 10 in part because of inability to update all sorts of apps.
So, loaded the newest "remote" app version and was glad to see that it would talk to my DVR and set recordings.
HOWEVER, as others are now reporting here and elsewhere, the newest version of the "remote" app no longer places a "red dot" next to shows in the channel listing, which have been scheduled to record. Likewise, in selecting a "scheduled recording" show in the app's "channel listings" (either done on the DVR or in the app), there is no indication that the show is scheduled to record (all that is there is the choice box saying "record this episode." Selecting that item does generate the DVR icon and then the message "syncing." But, when it's done, the choice box returns to displaying "record this episode."
Thus, the only way to know if a show is set to record is to select the app's DVR Manager and then select "scheduled to record" or view the actual channel guide on the actual DVR box/TV (which kind of defeats the main purpose of having this app for truly "remote" control (like from another city).

From the multiple postings here regarding exactly the same issue with the new version, there's definitely a bug.

Comcast: this has to be a relatively easy fix to correct a monumental inconvenience. Please fix ASAP.
Thanks from a 20 year Comcast customer.

So, SR or ??: any chance you can help get the missing "red dots" (scheduled recording in channel listings) returned to service???
It really would make the remote app great again. BTW, I recently renewed my Comcast contract but, at least the DVR and remote app are talking this time around.
Official Employee

dpjz wrote:
Not quite the same issue- but there's a glitch in the newest version of the tv "remote" app where the traditional "red dot" displayed in channel listings next to shows scheduled for recording no longer appears. Likewise, selecting the show itself shows no indication that it is scheduled. Only the DVR manager in the app shows scheduled items. There are many posts about this in remote app reviews at Apple App Store. Here is more detail on what I just posted there and in @comcastcares:

I'm having a new issue with the latest version of the remote app, which apparently is not just happening to me (from many posts in the Apple App Store):

Was using the old "remote" app on iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1 and it worked great until Comcast dumped it a couple of months ago.
Actually just bought new iPhone 7 plus with iOS 10 in part because of inability to update all sorts of apps.
So, loaded the newest "remote" app version and was glad to see that it would talk to my DVR and set recordings.
HOWEVER, as others are now reporting here and elsewhere, the newest version of the "remote" app no longer places a "red dot" next to shows in the channel listing, which have been scheduled to record. Likewise, in selecting a "scheduled recording" show in the app's "channel listings" (either done on the DVR or in the app), there is no indication that the show is scheduled to record (all that is there is the choice box saying "record this episode." Selecting that item does generate the DVR icon and then the message "syncing." But, when it's done, the choice box returns to displaying "record this episode."
Thus, the only way to know if a show is set to record is to select the app's DVR Manager and then select "scheduled to record" or view the actual channel guide on the actual DVR box/TV (which kind of defeats the main purpose of having this app for truly "remote" control (like from another city).

From the multiple postings here regarding exactly the same issue with the new version, there's definitely a bug.

Comcast: this has to be a relatively easy fix to correct a monumental inconvenience. Please fix ASAP.
Thanks from a 20 year Comcast customer.

So, SR or ??: any chance you can help get the missing "red dots" (scheduled recording in channel listings) returned to service???
It really would make the remote app great again. BTW, I recently renewed my Comcast contract but, at least the DVR and remote app are talking this time around.

Hi, 

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, this is planned for an upcoming release. I can't give an estimated date but the team is aware. The TV Remote app needed to be completely rebuilt since the underlying data needed to be switched to a new source. There we some improvements such as poster art in the On Demand section but also some feature gaps which the engineers are working to close.

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Dan!
Visitor

Will DVR's for the TV app be viewable on tv?
Service Expert

If you have Comcast DVR service, you can view recorded programs on the Xfinity web site here:

https://tv.xfinity.com/recordings

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Dan
Just noticed another glitch in the latest version XFINITY "remote" app. While the DVR manager does show the scheduled shows (set from the app while distant from home) correctly (though without the red dot next to the show in the channel listing), those shows that are recorded are not showing up in the DVR manager's recorded shows list (for possible replay.
I added the new app just before Christmas and the app's DVR manager only lists those shows recorded previously.
So, pretty much all that is working correctly is the scheduling ability (but no "red dots" or ability to see recently recorded show names or playback.
Official Employee

dpjz wrote:
Dan
Just noticed another glitch in the latest version XFINITY "remote" app. While the DVR manager does show the scheduled shows (set from the app while distant from home) correctly (though without the red dot next to the show in the channel listing), those shows that are recorded are not showing up in the DVR manager's recorded shows list (for possible replay.
I added the new app just before Christmas and the app's DVR manager only lists those shows recorded previously.
So, pretty much all that is working correctly is the scheduling ability (but no "red dots" or ability to see recently recorded show names or playback.

I'm sorry. Have you tried signing out and back in again?  I know it is a pain, but often fixes this type of thing.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Yep. Not only signed in and out of "remote" app but also out of "tv" and "my account" apps. Made sure I wasn't signed in on old apps on old iPhone and iPad and dumped the old apps from those devices.
Re-signed in to new "remote" app. Still have my "scheduled to record" shows in DVR manager on that app. But recorded shows since I changed phones/apps in December do not appear (they are on the actual DVR in my home). All I see is a whole lot of previously recorded show titles from more than a year ago up to near the end of December.
Must be a way to clear that app memory of those recorded items I already dumped from the actual DVR (did keep a few gems from pre-December) and get it to sync with the actual DVR. Should I try the website? How best to do that? Help!
Official Employee

dpjz wrote:
Yep. Not only signed in and out of "remote" app but also out of "tv" and "my account" apps. Made sure I wasn't signed in on old apps on old iPhone and iPad and dumped the old apps from those devices.
Re-signed in to new "remote" app. Still have my "scheduled to record" shows in DVR manager on that app. But recorded shows since I changed phones/apps in December do not appear (they are on the actual DVR in my home). All I see is a whole lot of previously recorded show titles from more than a year ago up to near the end of December.
Must be a way to clear that app memory of those recorded items I already dumped from the actual DVR (did keep a few gems from pre-December) and get it to sync with the actual DVR. Should I try the website? How best to do that? Help!

If you have X1, you can check the website https://tv.xfinity.com but can't with non-X1 equipment (only in the TV Remote app). I forget if you mentioned which you have.

Are you able to delete the (already) deleted programs from the TV Remote app to make them go away?  Not sure how to refresh non-X1 recording lists but if you have X1, there is a "Sync DVR" option in settings that may work.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Still have Motorola rng200n DVR with three associated rng150n boxes. Am able to dump the saved old recorded shows from the app and have gotten rid of all that are not saved on the DVR. So the sync problem of new app with Motorola DVR is still a problem (like the "red dots" for scheduled recordings on the "remote" app channel list.
Because of the audio concerns that started this original thread, I am reluctant to change to X1. (I only recently got the Arris dual band internet gateway!).
I also looked for the old DVR manager on the Comcast website to see if a "cleanup" would work. As I feared, it's gone too.
It sure would be nice if the next update to the "remote" app (in addition to fixing the red dots) also added some backwards compatibility for those of us who are not ready to go to X1.
Frequent Visitor

Been trying different things to get the remote app to either save recorded shows for later viewing and/or erase the shows recorded prior to updating the old remote app once I got the new iPhone 7 plus. No luck - since there's no "sync" functionality (for the already recorded shows list) connecting the app to a non X1 DVR like my Motorola RNG200N except for the continuing ability to set recordings remotely (albeit with no red dots added to the channel listings for the newly schedule shows).
However, your previous mention that the new app is looking at a "newer data setup" (my words not yours) may hold a key finding that the engineers really need to address.
Those of us who had the old remote app on an old iPhone (incapable of updating the iOS past 7.0) and could no longer use it (nor update it) starting in October/November 2016 after Comcast dumped it needed to buy a new phone (if for no other reason than to be able to update all sorts of apps).
Apple (and common sense in most respects) instructs folks to make a backup of the old phone (to preserve settings and data) and restore the backup to the new phone. I'm betting that many of us in the remote app predicament did just that. And, in so doing, I am betting that the backup data from "my recordings" in the old app (AND FROM THE OLD COMCAST DATA SYSTEM) repopulated the new app "my recordings" thereby creating a confusion glitch that prohibits getting rid of "old" system data (pre-update recorded shows) and adding "new" system data (newly recorded shows). I've even thought of dumping and reloading the new remote app. But, as we know, it still resides in the Apple iCloud and I don't know if the same bad data will repopulate on reload or, worse, make the app even less functional.
So, if I am correct, there must be a way to get rid of the old unmovable recordings and syncing only information from the newer Comcast data system. Bottom line is that Comcast really needs to extend sync capability to cover the previously included pre-X1 DVRs. Otherwise, anyone who doesn't move to X1 and buys a new iPhone or updates iOS including restoring old "remote app" data will be cursing the app and Comcast only for want of a more comprehensive sync ability (and perhaps because Comcast didn't bother to tell us that DVR Manager on the old Comcast website was also being eliminated along with the remote app!!!).

Dan: you are a terrific resource on this forum. Expecting that all (or most of) the app work is being done by a contracted (non-Comcast) company, I don't know if you can influence needed changes to the app. But, I sure hope that you can say something to someone or, at least find out what those of us stuck with an unmoveable/unalterable dead Comcast data storage artifact can do to sync more than the new scheduling of program recordings.

Side note: though the red dots still don't appear in the channel list for ALMOST all shows within the next week or so, I was able to set one recording about 10 days out of a one-time only (not series or repeat showings) movie on a premium channel and the red dot did appear on the channel listings. Maybe a fluke? In any case, haven't yet been able to get any other red dots to appear.

I hope all this makes sense and that you can give me (us) some hope regarding the "remote app"'s future.
Official Employee

dpjz wrote:
Been trying different things to get the remote app to either save recorded shows for later viewing and/or erase the shows recorded prior to updating the old remote app once I got the new iPhone 7 plus. No luck - since there's no "sync" functionality (for the already recorded shows list) connecting the app to a non X1 DVR like my Motorola RNG200N except for the continuing ability to set recordings remotely (albeit with no red dots added to the channel listings for the newly schedule shows).
However, your previous mention that the new app is looking at a "newer data setup" (my words not yours) may hold a key finding that the engineers really need to address.
Those of us who had the old remote app on an old iPhone (incapable of updating the iOS past 7.0) and could no longer use it (nor update it) starting in October/November 2016 after Comcast dumped it needed to buy a new phone (if for no other reason than to be able to update all sorts of apps).
Apple (and common sense in most respects) instructs folks to make a backup of the old phone (to preserve settings and data) and restore the backup to the new phone. I'm betting that many of us in the remote app predicament did just that. And, in so doing, I am betting that the backup data from "my recordings" in the old app (AND FROM THE OLD COMCAST DATA SYSTEM) repopulated the new app "my recordings" thereby creating a confusion glitch that prohibits getting rid of "old" system data (pre-update recorded shows) and adding "new" system data (newly recorded shows). I've even thought of dumping and reloading the new remote app. But, as we know, it still resides in the Apple iCloud and I don't know if the same bad data will repopulate on reload or, worse, make the app even less functional.
So, if I am correct, there must be a way to get rid of the old unmovable recordings and syncing only information from the newer Comcast data system. Bottom line is that Comcast really needs to extend sync capability to cover the previously included pre-X1 DVRs. Otherwise, anyone who doesn't move to X1 and buys a new iPhone or updates iOS including restoring old "remote app" data will be cursing the app and Comcast only for want of a more comprehensive sync ability (and perhaps because Comcast didn't bother to tell us that DVR Manager on the old Comcast website was also being eliminated along with the remote app!!!).

Dan: you are a terrific resource on this forum. Expecting that all (or most of) the app work is being done by a contracted (non-Comcast) company, I don't know if you can influence needed changes to the app. But, I sure hope that you can say something to someone or, at least find out what those of us stuck with an unmoveable/unalterable dead Comcast data storage artifact can do to sync more than the new scheduling of program recordings.

Side note: though the red dots still don't appear in the channel list for ALMOST all shows within the next week or so, I was able to set one recording about 10 days out of a one-time only (not series or repeat showings) movie on a premium channel and the red dot did appear on the channel listings. Maybe a fluke? In any case, haven't yet been able to get any other red dots to appear.

I hope all this makes sense and that you can give me (us) some hope regarding the "remote app"'s future.

Hi DPJZ,

The underlying data that the app uses was, indeed, changed. However, none of this data is stored locally on your device - it all gets delivered to the app upon launch/use from out API (application program interface). If you had the old app version (before the data update), you would see "No Longer Supported" on all the TV Listings and it would be 100% broken.

The apps are all developed by our in-house engineering team right here at our headquarters in Philadelphia. I'll share your feedback with the technical and support teams to see if they have any ideas what is happening with your account. 

I assume you've tried to "Delete" the recordings that are (already) deleted to get them off your list?  Also, I see red dots on my grid (using iOS) but this isn't yet available on Android - not sure which you are using.

Cheers,
ComcastDan

IMG_0184.PNG

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Yes -the old iphone 4 remote app is dead on that device -"no longer supported." And not in use.

Cannot erase any of "my recordings" in the new app (old ones from pre-new phone and pre-new app) on iPhone 7+ using new app. (Hit red delete). Nothing happens (even though they had also previously been deleted from the DVR).
Can set recordings on the new app (no red dots but see the app-scheduled recordings on the rng200n DVR)
Once newly scheduled recordings have occurred, they populate "my recordings" on DVR but not on the new remote app on iPhone 7+.
So only new app thing that's working is scheduling recordings (albeit without the red dot in channel listings). "My Recordings" in new iOS app is broken: can't delete old (pre-new app) or see new (post new app) recordings.
Official Employee

dpjz wrote:
Yes -the old iphone 4 remote app is dead on that device -"no longer supported." And not in use.

Cannot erase any of "my recordings" in the new app (old ones from pre-new phone and pre-new app) on iPhone 7+ using new app. (Hit red delete). Nothing happens (even though they had also previously been deleted from the DVR).
Can set recordings on the new app (no red dots but see the app-scheduled recordings on the rng200n DVR)
Once newly scheduled recordings have occurred, they populate "my recordings" on DVR but not on the new remote app on iPhone 7+.
So only new app thing that's working is scheduling recordings (albeit without the red dot in channel listings). "My Recordings" in new iOS app is broken: can't delete old (pre-new app) or see new (post new app) recordings.

Sorry your issues continue. Appreciate the feedback. I'll share it with the technical team.

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Dan
Still trying different things with "varying" results.
Last night I went through my RNG200N DVR and did as much cleanup as I could of Recordings, History, etc.. With the exception of four recorded shows from last year (would be impossible to find "on demand"), I pretty much eliminated everything. Later, I unplugged the DVR to get a "soft" reboot and now (about 8 hrs later), DVR is still very slowly repopulating channel listings (TO BE ANNOUNCED).
On the remote app side, I am seeing different results in the DVR manager. I know the DVR and remote app are talking (e.g., can change channels, set recordings [though still have the missing red dot in channel listing problem]. But the app's DVR manager still will not list any recordings made after the new app was installed on the new iPhone 7+ (iOS 10). I was (last night) finally able to delete the selected old recordings from the app, which I had already deleted from the DVR. One thing for sure is that it can sometimes take a VERY long time for the app to catch up to the DVR or vice versatile.

Depending on what happens with my current RNG200N DVR repopulation, my next plan may be to call 1.800.COMCAST tomorrow (Mobday) and ask for them to do a DVR cleanup/reboot(?) from their end. DO YOU THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA?
I am also thinking of deleting/reinstalling the iOS remote app AFTER having exhausted all DVR cleanup options. But, I don't know if the reinstall will present a brand new (first time) install process or come back from the iCloud (where apps purchased never disappear) with some memory of the current settings (and problems)
DO YOU KNOW IF A DELETE/REINSTALL wipes the app data cleanly?
In any case, I am intent on trying to fix what I can and isolating what is/are the common denominator(s) in the apparent incompatibility of the somewhere between/among RNG200N DVR, iPhone 7+ with iOS 10 and newest remote app (3.0.1.126).
One last suggestion/request. Since I've got the newest iPhone and iOS and the most recent pre-X1 DVR, perhaps it would be a good idea for someone on the app engineering team to converse directly with me. I've been a loyal consistent Comcast customer for more than 20 yrs., would be happy to do the testing work from my end and, of course promise not to "spam" anyone. If this would be possible, please PM me with best next step to make that happen.
Thanks, again.
Official Employee

dpjz wrote:
Thanks Dan
Still trying different things with "varying" results.
Last night I went through my RNG200N DVR and did as much cleanup as I could of Recordings, History, etc.. With the exception of four recorded shows from last year (would be impossible to find "on demand"), I pretty much eliminated everything. Later, I unplugged the DVR to get a "soft" reboot and now (about 8 hrs later), DVR is still very slowly repopulating channel listings (TO BE ANNOUNCED).
On the remote app side, I am seeing different results in the DVR manager. I know the DVR and remote app are talking (e.g., can change channels, set recordings [though still have the missing red dot in channel listing problem]. But the app's DVR manager still will not list any recordings made after the new app was installed on the new iPhone 7+ (iOS 10). I was (last night) finally able to delete the selected old recordings from the app, which I had already deleted from the DVR. One thing for sure is that it can sometimes take a VERY long time for the app to catch up to the DVR or vice versatile.

Depending on what happens with my current RNG200N DVR repopulation, my next plan may be to call 1.800.COMCAST tomorrow (Mobday) and ask for them to do a DVR cleanup/reboot(?) from their end. DO YOU THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA?
I am also thinking of deleting/reinstalling the iOS remote app AFTER having exhausted all DVR cleanup options. But, I don't know if the reinstall will present a brand new (first time) install process or come back from the iCloud (where apps purchased never disappear) with some memory of the current settings (and problems)
DO YOU KNOW IF A DELETE/REINSTALL wipes the app data cleanly?
In any case, I am intent on trying to fix what I can and isolating what is/are the common denominator(s) in the apparent incompatibility of the somewhere between/among RNG200N DVR, iPhone 7+ with iOS 10 and newest remote app (3.0.1.126).
One last suggestion/request. Since I've got the newest iPhone and iOS and the most recent pre-X1 DVR, perhaps it would be a good idea for someone on the app engineering team to converse directly with me. I've been a loyal consistent Comcast customer for more than 20 yrs., would be happy to do the testing work from my end and, of course promise not to "spam" anyone. If this would be possible, please PM me with best next step to make that happen.
Thanks, again.

Thanks again for following up and detailing your troubleshooting steps. It's inet resting that your DVR takes that long to populate channel listings. Has it always been that way? I'm wondering if there's poor connectivity that could be the root of the problem.

The data about recordings that gets displayed in the app comes from an API which fetches it from another internal system. It probably won't make any difference to uninstall and reinstall but can't hurt. Usually, just signing out and back in will refresh everything that needs to be refreshed.  If you do reinstall, just be sure you go to the iTunes or Google Play store to download the app - rather than restoring it from a backup (which could be an old version).

On a separate note, have you considered upgrading to X1? I understand if you're attached to your current system but, personally, I'll never have a non-X1 set-top box again. Individual results may vary but my experience has been near perfect.

I'll see if the technical team would be open to working directly with you to resolve. Most times, they have all the information they need in the log files. The HQ is closed tomorrow to honor MLK Day but the right people should be back in on Tuesday.

Best,

Dan

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Not quite 36 hours since repowering RNG200N DVR and still have some scattered "to be announced" showing at random spots of channel listings. But, though slow, it is repopulating.

As for "connectivity," I went into the dvr's "status" menu (power down DVR and immediately hit "select" on the remote) to see what's up.

I'll try to attach screen shots here but, just in case, this is what I found (FWIW, note DVR was originally on channel 703-NBC HD when I did the off/Select to get to the menu)
In "general status," there was "Error: EP00 Connected DES"
In "OOB," there was "SNR 24.6dB GOOD" and "AGC 27% GOOD"
In "Inband Status," there was "SNR 40 dB" (actually varied from 39.3-40.2 d and "AGC: 00%" (both tuner 1 and tuner 2).
Correctable and Uncorrectable error counts are 0 everywhere.

In general, we get "very good" to "excellent" picture/sound on 4 TV sets (once in a rare while, I do see some pixelation in a recorded program). We did have those 1 second audio drops that started this original thread. But it was only during and after the recent Olympics and they finally went away later in the past autumn. All of our premium channels are available with no issues.

Because we live in a remodeled condo, our cabling is a bit complicated. The "head" Comcast connection is in our garage 4 stories down and it splits to three older RG59 (?) cables starting in the garage and heading up about 50-60 feet to our unit. In a remodel a few years back we found the three cables in a convenient wall location and (on a lead Comcast tech's advice who came out to help plan what to do in remodel) we terminated them inside a newly installed media box inside the condo wall (the box is like a big junction box and has power outlet if we ever need an amplifier). Using only one of the old garage cables (the other two are now capped as "backups" since the run from the garage to the condo cannot be replaced), it is split to the three original wall outlet approx locations using quad-shielded RG6. One of the three is split again to provide signal to the Comcast dual band "gateway" modem/router (replaced old modem/personal router several months ago). After the cabling install (we also ran Ethernet to multiple locations), a regular (in-house) Comcast tech confirmed that all signal strengths were good (and everything works including decent Ethernet (up to 90 download and wifi (up to 50+/- download) from the Gateway which I assume is as good as we can expect because we are surrounded by easily more than 100 Comcast customers across several closely adjacent buildings.

Assuming the above explanation makes sense (particularly the signal strengths, etc.), I'm back to being convinced that we really do have to rule out the compatibility or some other Comcast systemic glitch of the current version (iOS) remote app's DVR manager with, at least, the Motorola RNG200N.

Finally, logged out/in to the remote app this morning: channel list displays correctly (albeit without any red dots for scheduled recordings); DVR manager shows scheduled recordings; DVR manager only shows old (pre-move to new remote app) recorded shows that I've left on the DVR but shows nothing recorded since the new app install in late December.

Let me know if the app folks want to converse.
IMG_4997.JPG
IMG_4998.JPG
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation