Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

App Store Replies - Xfinity Stream Mobile App Troubleshooting

Official Employee

App Store Replies - Xfinity Stream Mobile App Troubleshooting

If you have posted a review in either the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store for Xfinity Stream and received a reply asking you to post your issue here. 

You are in the right place, and we are here to help. 

Please post your issue in a reply here and include as much information as you can. 

Some tips: 
Please try to include the time and date of the issue(s) you experienced in the Xfinity Stream app. 
If you received an error, include the code and text where available. 
If the issue reoccurs on a specific program, show, or channel, try to be as specific as possible. 

Thanks!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: App Store Replies - Xfinity Stream Mobile App Troubleshooting

Xfinity stream app just stopped working around 3 days ago. I have it on my ipad and roku tv. Roku won’t even start as it’s saying I’m not on home wifi even when I am. Ipad xfinity app works for tv go channels but other channels would say I need to be in my home wifi. Sooo frustrating. Multiple chats and calls with different comcast help desk agents and still no solution.
New Poster

I get error code Roku (Error createDrmSession.403-102) on all my roku devices and on iOS I am unable to see hole channels. It states I’m not connected to home WiFi. Problem stated 3/7/2018 and no one from tech support can assist. Looking at the forums this is a known issue starting 3/7. What is the timeline for resolution or is there a current fix?
New Poster

Home channels not hole channels.
New Poster

Having same issue, started around the 7th of March 2018, I’ve been hung up one twice by tech support. Continues to say “I’m out of home”

Doesn’t matter if it’s a desktop computer ir mobile device
New Poster

The app stopped working properly for me as well about 5 days ago. I cannot view any recent DVR recordings. Same issue on both Android and Apple devices.
Regular Visitor

My Xfinity stream app stop working roughly 5 days ago. It will no longer connect by saying ERRoR getchannelmap.400. Ive try resetting, unistalling and reinstall and nothing changes. I would like an update on when it will resolve. Or whats going on
Regular Visitor

This app quit working correctly for me about 5 days ago. Have spoke to multi reps at Xfinity without getting this resolved. First lost multi live channels, they managed to get those back. Then For You channels started telling me "no match" for shows I've watched forever. Then occasionally I will get a match, but only gives series info & upcoming-no recent episodes. I like a lot of the Bravo shows, but only way I can watch them now is if they are live. Tried going thru the browse category by network. When I then click on Bravo network, it doesn't list any shows on Bravo at all. Something is seriously wrong with this app & Xfinity seems unable to correct it.

Service Expert

@plmoody wrote:

This app quit working correctly for me about 5 days ago. Have spoke to multi reps at Xfinity without getting this resolved. First lost multi live channels, they managed to get those back. Then For You channels started telling me "no match" for shows I've watched forever. Then occasionally I will get a match, but only gives series info & upcoming-no recent episodes. I like a lot of the Bravo shows, but only way I can watch them now is if they are live. Tried going thru the browse category by network. When I then click on Bravo network, it doesn't list any shows on Bravo at all. Something is seriously wrong with this app & Xfinity seems unable to correct it.

a national problem was 'fixed' overnight. are you still having the problem?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Still having problems with For You category. Still getting no match most of the time. When I do get match peroidically, then all that comes up is series info & upcoming, not episodes
New Poster

Still unable to watch Live TV on Roku or iOS devices. StreamTV seems to think I am not on Xfinity In Home network, even when i am connected to home WiFi on Arris cable modem.
2106490F-7EB6-4777-AC17-B728C8A11D51.png
Service Expert

@AroraSP wrote:
Still unable to watch Live TV on Roku or iOS devices. StreamTV seems to think I am not on Xfinity In Home network, even when i am connected to home WiFi on Arris cable modem.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Roku-Error-createDrmSession-403-102/m-p/3065827/highlight...

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

As of this evening, the app is now functioning properly on my phone & tablet.
Regular Visitor

My live tv has not worked since March 08 2018 on my computer. Is there a way to fix it?

Service Expert

@DNIECEY wrote:

My live tv has not worked since March 08 2018 on my computer. Is there a way to fix it?

can you describe the problem? did you try the Chrome browser with integrated flash? error codes?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

My xfinity app on my android phone hasnt been working for almost 2 weeks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and updated. Still has the same thing showing.
Screenshot_2018-03-28-18-52-51.png
Regular Visitor

Thank you for replying. There are no error codes. I get to the show I want to see and when it comes up the video is frozen

New Poster

I am trying to get the Fox News Channel to stream live on my Roku device.   After installation and verification it works, but as soon as I turn the TV off and try to log in again it will not stream, just indicating that it is not available from my local provider.   Several others in your forum are having the same decertification problem.   The local Xfinity office people are not able to help me solve the situation.   I want to use my Roku device to get Fox News on my summer home TV using my Xfinity cable TV subscription that I leave on and active at my permanent home in Chico even though I am away for four months in the summer.  I have the Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku as well, but it is only designed for use through the Xfinity cable, not wifi over the internet, so will not work at my summer home.   Please help!  

Service Expert

@chicodave wrote:

I am trying to get the Fox News Channel to stream live on my Roku device.   After installation and verification it works, but as soon as I turn the TV off and try to log in again it will not stream, just indicating that it is not available from my local provider.   Several others in your forum are having the same decertification problem.   The local Xfinity office people are not able to help me solve the situation.   I want to use my Roku device to get Fox News on my summer home TV using my Xfinity cable TV subscription that I leave on and active at my permanent home in Chico even though I am away for four months in the summer.  I have the Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku as well, but it is only designed for use through the Xfinity cable, not wifi over the internet, so will not work at my summer home.   Please help!  

I'm on my home internet wifi with the roku. i get a blue message screen "i-Service Provider issue-your service provider currently doesn't grant access to this content. Please contact them for more details. note that you can use a PC connected to your vacation home TV and use TVgo channel fox news and the stream site using a browser. (connect via chromecast or via HDMI connector).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

adding... i logged out of provider in the fox news roku app and logged in again. went through the activation process and it is working on my home wifi again.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Tried the log out and reinstall method, but it did not correct the Roku situation.   Unless I find a way to get it fixed using Roku, I may try the PC to TV suggestion using FoxNews Go to stream to from a laptop or ipad to my TV either with a cord or wireless.   Hope it would give me a live feed as well as the ability to view recent programs such as Bret Bair and Chris Wallace.

New Poster

This exact same thing happened to us for 2 whole weeks. We had no television. It went up to Tier 3 support, a tech came out, blah blah blah. Now it's working and our service is garbage. Our recordings skip and don't record entire shows. Subtitles pop up out of nowhere. It's the strangest thing. They shouldn't have rolled out this service because clearly it wasn't ready. I'm canceling tomorrow, I suggest you get out while you can still get your money back. 

New Poster

I downloaded the xfinity app off google play store. Been working fine up till about a month ago when they sent a signal to my modem. Now the app constantly freezes up!! So how can this be fixed ?? And Yes I've taken the app off & redowned it again still same problem get about 5 mins of an hour show 😬😡😠😟
Service Expert

@LI501 wrote:
I downloaded the xfinity app off google play store. Been working fine up till about a month ago when they sent a signal to my modem. Now the app constantly freezes up!! So how can this be fixed ?? And Yes I've taken the app off & redowned it again still same problem get about 5 mins of an hour show 😬😡😠😟

is this while playing back recordings from the Cloud DVR or while watching live streaming TV? TVgo channels? on-demand?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Live channels on my cell phone which is also thru XFINITY 🙂
New Poster

Also I call XFINITY and they sent some signals or whatever the man said really couldn't understand him tbh.. It seems to be working ok for now. He said if it does it again to call them back & they will send a tech to my house. So far so good the last 18/24 hrs. So will keep fingers crossed that its fixed now 🤞😃
Regular Visitor

I gave this program a one star rating due to not being able to play the majority of my downloads.  I have downloaded over 50 programs in the past 2 weeks and 99% of the time I get an error message when trying to play the files that states: "well that didn't go as expected.  the good news is you can watch this show on demand".  I'm trying to take the shows with me for when I don't have internet access and don't want to stream them.  I have 2 tablets and one phone, all running android.  The issue occurs on all three devices.  Very frustrating!.  I use to be able to download my recording and play them without any issues.  Not sure if a recent app update caused this. 

Also, what happened to the ability to schedule a recording using the app.  This feature seems to missing with the last app update also.

Official Employee

Hello @rswain64

I'm sorry that you're experiencing errors. Are the downloads completing? Or is the error occurring on playback and not all downloads will complete? 

Thanks, 

Arlene 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

@Comcastarlene...I actually working with @ComcastElla on this.  I sent a private message about this a few days ago and also sent another reply to today.  Let me know if you want to be included in the private messages.

Frequent Visitor

Cant get mobile stream app to see dvr on any device since this morning.  Talked to customer rep via chat.  Says they refreshed and should work in 60 min does not.  Bill is payed.  They said they would elevate it and I should get call 📱 within 24 hours.  Real bummed because I wanted to watch Stanley Cup playoffs I recorded on my tablet.  So my wife could watch k dramas on tv. On edit: I called customer service after 23 minutes on phone they said there was a problem on their end they were working on it.  I wish that maybe Comcast could tell the first person u talk to about it.  Instead of trying to trouble shoot a problem that there is nothing to b done. Screenshot_2018-05-05-20-53-10.png

Regular Visitor

Same issue here. Rep said it was their problem. It still isn't fixed after 12 hours.

New Poster

I just spent hours trying to get the streaming app to work again on my Samsung tabet (where it worked before) or on my Kindle.  The same problem kept coming up, that the app was not compatible with the device.  On line, Xfinity says that both of my devices are compatible (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements).  A very helpful person at Xfinity contacted the tech people, and the tech people said that streaming is not available any more!  Why wasn't this posted somewhere, to keep people from wasting time?  The web site still allows you to download the app. This is awful customer service.  This all happened around 3 pm today.

Regular Visitor

Well mine started working again but only newly recorded shows as of today. None of the past shows are in the cloud any longer.

New Poster

Same here! My recordings show up on my box and tv at home but on my laptop and phone it says I am showing no recordings. I’ve tried deleting an reinstalling the app but it’s also the tv xfinity page on my laptop that’s showing no recordings. I’m not missing recordings, it’s loterally nothing showing up.
Service Expert

@Cass5 wrote:
Same here! My recordings show up on my box and tv at home but on my laptop and phone it says I am showing no recordings. I’ve tried deleting an reinstalling the app but it’s also the tv xfinity page on my laptop that’s showing no recordings. I’m not missing recordings, it’s loterally nothing showing up.

apparently a maintenance issue or upgrade issue with servers caused reset of some cloud DVR accounts. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Hi, maybe you can help me....I’m a customer for 3 months and since been having problems with the service overall....hours and hours on the phone, technician came home, I’ve deleted app and done all needs to be done, and they keep telling me they’ll escalate the matter with the engineers, I’m hoping is the NASA team the one is going to bail them out, because still the stream app doesn’t work and I can’t see any channels I have when I’m paying for a 140+ package... doesn’t work on the iPhone, nor iPad, nor computer...any channel I click, it says requires a subscription,....and meanwhile still waiting but still paying... can someone fix this or I’m going somewhere else where I can actually get more channels for less, yes, I check I mean can’t be worse than this,... any help will be appreciated... 

Service Expert

@Oj2ad wrote:

Hi, maybe you can help me....I’m a customer for 3 months and since been having problems with the service overall....hours and hours on the phone, technician came home, I’ve deleted app and done all needs to be done, and they keep telling me they’ll escalate the matter with the engineers, I’m hoping is the NASA team the one is going to bail them out, because still the stream app doesn’t work and I can’t see any channels I have when I’m paying for a 140+ package... doesn’t work on the iPhone, nor iPad, nor computer...any channel I click, it says requires a subscription,....and meanwhile still waiting but still paying... can someone fix this or I’m going somewhere else where I can actually get more channels for less, yes, I check I mean can’t be worse than this,... any help will be appreciated... 

do you have an error code? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

no error code....just says this.....Subscription required::12012

your subscription does not include this channel. Please choose another channel...

Problem is my package is 140+ and it happens with all channels, so basically im subscribed to 0 channel becasue i cant see any of them...

regards

Service Expert

@Oj2ad wrote:

no error code....just says this.....Subscription required::12012

your subscription does not include this channel. Please choose another channel...

Problem is my package is 140+ and it happens with all channels, so basically im subscribed to 0 channel becasue i cant see any of them...

regards

using the my account app, select TV and then the link at top of the page (subscribed channels). does the linear channel appear in that list? if so then try logging out of the app, then uninstall the app. then install and log back in. does the channel appear? are you using a smart device (apple/android) or a roku?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Well, here I am, 10 days and 3 attempts to fix the problem later.  My streaming stopped working, and I've uninstalled the Xfinity Stream App on two devices, a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running Android 4.1.2 and a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 running system 8.5.1.  I usually got a message saying that the devices were incompatible with the app, although sometimes it didn't say that but the download went bad. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements  says that Android 4.1 works.  It also says that Kindle Fire HD works. 

I finally got a tech person who checked and said that the web site is out of date(!!)  You now need Android 4.4.  Also, she said that I need HDX, contrary to the web site.  Again, Xfinity's web site is out of date!!!

The people on the phone for Xfinity were very nice, and tried very hard, but I still wasted hours and hours trying to fix this.  The company should treat their employees and their customers better than this.  How about a partial refund on my bill, Xfinity?

Service Expert

@lobb wrote:

Well, here I am, 10 days and 3 attempts to fix the problem later.  My streaming stopped working, and I've uninstalled the Xfinity Stream App on two devices, a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running Android 4.1.2 and a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 running system 8.5.1.  I usually got a message saying that the devices were incompatible with the app, although sometimes it didn't say that but the download went bad. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements  says that Android 4.1 works.  It also says that Kindle Fire HD works. 

I finally got a tech person who checked and said that the web site is out of date(!!)  You now need Android 4.4.  Also, she said that I need HDX, contrary to the web site.  Again, Xfinity's web site is out of date!!!

The people on the phone for Xfinity were very nice, and tried very hard, but I still wasted hours and hours trying to fix this.  The company should treat their employees and their customers better than this.  How about a partial refund on my bill, Xfinity?

yes minimum is 4.4 android (kit-kat). there is no charge for using the streaming service. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

So, there is no charge for the streaming service?  It is part of the price that you pay for all service combined, and I lost part of that service for weeks.  If Comcast had been doing their job properly, they would have posted the updated requirement on line (remember, they did not) so that their own employees would have been able to help a customer.  By not posting it, they wasted employee time and my time--probably more than a work-day's worth.

As I said, the employees I talked too were very nice, and tried very hard to help. 

As for your comment, how did it help?  I already found out what the solution was and posted it for other victims.  Your contribuition was to repeat the requirement, and to add a gratuituous "there is no charge for using the streaming service".  Thank you, Xfinity Forum Expert.

New Poster

ive tried on ipad, iphone and pc, doesnt work in any of hem....ive installed and unistlled the app many many times and nothing....

Service Expert

@Oj2ad wrote:

ive tried on ipad, iphone and pc, doesnt work in any of hem....ive installed and unistlled the app many many times and nothing....

let's pick one device and get it working first. how is the PC connected to your home internet?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

ok...appreciate the help....i need it in the ipad, internet is thru comcast too, or xfinity is all in one package, with over 100Mbps...

Service Expert

@Oj2ad wrote:

ok...appreciate the help....i need it in the ipad, internet is thru comcast too, or xfinity is all in one package, with over 100Mbps...

what is the model number of your ipad (need generation number). have you tried to uninstall the xfinity stream TV app and reinstall it?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

While my issues doesn't seem as severe as everyone else's so far, It is just as frustrating when you'retrying to watch your recorded shows. Using the app on either my iPhone 8 or brand new Samsung Tablet, videos stop after 5 mins and freeze. Have to either restart the app or close it all the way and relaunch the app to watch the video, Happens over and over again throughout the video or live stream regardless of what wifi I am connected to. Any advice?

New Poster

I apologize if I missed a post describing this issue.  I’ve had a mostly positive experience with the stream app running it on an iPad Pro for last year or so.  However, the last few weeks has been maddening with watching recordings in progress on DVR through the cloud.

Best that I can tell is that now, as soon as the DVR recording hits completion, the stream app is responding by jumping the recording forward X amount of time during playback (!)

In almost every case this has been an NBA playoff game going from first quarter to end of fourth... roughly a two-hour jump. I’m sure this might invoke laughter from non-sports fans, but it is nasty and there is obviously no warning.  This, combined with the lost ability to record from app (I know the reasons), has made the service and comcast grow increasingly expendable to me and looking at other options.

I admit I haven’t opened a trouble ticket yet... but in the meantime, has anyone else experienced this?

Service Expert

@PortlandDon1 wrote:

I apologize if I missed a post describing this issue.  I’ve had a mostly positive experience with the stream app running it on an iPad Pro for last year or so.  However, the last few weeks has been maddening with watching recordings in progress on DVR through the cloud.

Best that I can tell is that now, as soon as the DVR recording hits completion, the stream app is responding by jumping the recording forward X amount of time during playback (!)

In almost every case this has been an NBA playoff game going from first quarter to end of fourth... roughly a two-hour jump. I’m sure this might invoke laughter from non-sports fans, but it is nasty and there is obviously no warning.  This, combined with the lost ability to record from app (I know the reasons), has made the service and comcast grow increasingly expendable to me and looking at other options.

I admit I haven’t opened a trouble ticket yet... but in the meantime, has anyone else experienced this?

unfortunately this is a regional problem. there is a known issue that affects random customers for random amounts of time. It appears that during peak times some servers are at over capacity for programs to be recorded. The errors cause the servers to move customers around to less 'full' servers over time.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert
Moved:

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats