Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

(Android) TV Remote update on October 26

Silver Problem Solver

(Android) TV Remote update on October 26

On October 26, the TV Remote app for Android was updated to 3.0.1.017 and now includes Favorites support, along with some extra filters.

From the note on the updates, X1 users will see the common favorites you set on your X1 box. For non-X1, you need to set it up in the app, and they will be shared across devices using the app.

For non-X1, to set the favorites, go to the settings (gear icon on bottom of hamburger menu), then click on the "Favorite Channels" text under the 'Channel Settings' header. Pick the channels you want in your favorites, then click OK. Then on the main screen, click on Filters, then turn on 'Favorites'.

Now, they just need to add that to the web site version.

Regular Contributor

Re: (Android) TV Remote update on October 26

The app was updated (also for me to 3.0.1.017) ... I have added some Favorites to the FAVORITE LIST ...  and they are selectable ...

Bronze Problem Solver

The update also includes filters for Kids Sports, & Movies in the listings like the old website did.

Also, on my x1, setting favorite channels on the app also sets them on the cable box.

Silver Problem Solver

This is the changes mentioned for the update:

What's New

We just released a revamped TV Remote, and now we're back with more.
* Favorite Channels! If you have favorites on X1, you'll see them in the app when you filter TV Listings by Favorites. If you don't have X1, your favorites are shared across mobile devices. Go to Settings > Favorite Channels to choose.
* The return of Kids, Sports, & Movies filters! You can find them - and combine them - with the HD, SAP, and CC in the Filter menu.
* Many bug fixes.
Problem Solver

You can also add Favorites on the app by long pressing on the Channel name and number in the All Listings guide.

Adding favorites by going through the Settings is a real pain. Trying to scroll through a thousand channels, five at a time in landscape (9 in portrait) is annoying and slow. Sometimes the Favorite Channel popup just disappears for me because I accidentally scroll off the control. Not sure if it is my tablet or the app. I'm betting the app.

Problem Solver

One bug(?) I found has to do with advancing the date. Maybe someone can test on their device and see if they have the same problems. Pick the current date and primetime as your start time for the listings. Then start advancing the date one day at a time to load the listings for the new date. As I advance each date, the load time gets slower and slower, until eventually about 6 or 7 days ahead, the load fails and I end up with a blank grid.

Bronze Problem Solver

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

You can also add Favorites on the app by long pressing on the Channel name and number in the All Listings guide.

Adding favorites by going through the Settings is a real pain. Trying to scroll through a thousand channels, five at a time in landscape (9 in portrait) is annoying and slow. Sometimes the Favorite Channel popup just disappears for me because I accidentally scroll off the control. Not sure if it is my tablet or the app. I'm betting the app.

Had the same problem, got frustrated, so I switched to the tv remote app on the andriod emulator on my pc. Using that I have a mouse with center scroll wheel which made control much easier.

Regular Contributor

re; earlier post .. long-pressiing on a channel name-channel number seems to add the selection to your FavoritesList .. I just tried it again ....twice ..

Frequent Visitor

No joy, this update did not fix Error::500

It still hangs up immediately after signing in.  Nexus2013 tablet.

Regular Contributor

also, as posted earlier, new Filters (filters that can be combined with a group etc. ) have entries for Kids, Sports and Movies .... All other previous Filter groups seem to be active as-well .. (HD, Video description, etc. )

Regular Contributor

and . you don't have to scroll through a thousand channels ... remark re: an earlier  post

Service Expert

adding re: favorites: on both android and iOS versions of TV Remote go to settings and touch 'favorites' and you'll find the fastest way to set favorite channels quickly (or remove favorites). 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation