New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Amazon Fire TV Stick - Not Authorized Error, HGTV, DIY, Food Network Apps

New Poster

Amazon Fire TV Stick - Not Authorized Error, HGTV, DIY, Food Network Apps

Hello,

Just purchased a Fire TV stick for my Samsung Smart TV and having trouble accessing some apps such as HGTV, Food Network, DIY  channel. There may be others apps with access issues, but these are the ones that I'm aware of right now.  When opening these apps, a screen pops up and states that I am "not authorized" and the my service provider returned a message that I am not authorized to view this video.  I never get to the screen that displays the activation code. 

These channels are part of my Xfinity package, I can watch them on TV and via the Xfinity/Comcast website on my comouter,  Spent over an hour on the phone with Comcast yesterday and got bounced around to several people/depts - they couldn't help and finally kicked me over to Amazon.  Comcast 'refereshed' my box and that did not help.  When speaking with the amazon rep, we reset the FireTv stick to factory settings, updated software, cleared the cache, reset the unit (on/off) etc.. and I still have the same issue.

Would appear to be a Comcast problem and I've read elsewhere (for other providers) this turned out to be a sync issue between their internal databases.

Anyone have this problem and if so, how was it solved?  

Thanks in advance for your assistance. 

New Poster

Re: Amazon Fire TV Stick - Not Authorized Error, HGTV, DIY, Food Network Apps

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Amazon Fire TV Stick - Not Authorized Error, HGTV, DIY, Food Network Apps

It's not just FireTV. Roku is also affected by Comcast limiting authorization to iOS and Android only.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation