members

online now

discussions

Adding support for Chromecast

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

I know that you support roku, but I only have a chromecast at the moment and apparnetly you block the app from working on chromecast.

I'm hoping that'll change as roku shouldn't be the only other way to access stream. I'm going to be buying a roku for another TV but I'd like to not have to buy 2 rokus.

I know the pricing is still under debate, but if you do charge for using roku, will it be per device or just 1 flat price? I may just rent a box if I'm going to be charge anyway.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 5
Solution

elomonaco wrote:

I know that you support roku, but I only have a chromecast at the moment and apparnetly you block the app from working on chromecast.

I'm hoping that'll change as roku shouldn't be the only other way to access stream. I'm going to be buying a roku for another TV but I'd like to not have to buy 2 rokus.

I know the pricing is still under debate, but if you do charge for using roku, will it be per device or just 1 flat price? I may just rent a box if I'm going to be charge anyway.

chromecast works perfectly with a desk/laptop. did you use the chrome browser?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 5
Solution

elomonaco wrote:

chromecast works perfectly with a desk/laptop. did you use the chrome browser?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 5

I'm doing that now, but it isn't a very good solution as I like to work on my computer while watching TV and sometimes I'm pushing my CPU up which locks up the casted tab (I have a 6 core cpu with 16GB of ram so I have a more than powerful computer to do this, but casting a video on chrome is a huge resource hog).

I'd use my tablet, but they blocked that. I really hope they undo that as that'd be the better solution for me to be honest.

I am considering a roku box, but I'm still concerned that I'll be charged for it eventually (which I'd probably just rent a box as the incentive is lost).

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 5

Using a chrome browser isn't an acceptable solution. Needing a computer or navigating in chrome on a phone is way less convenient than a chromecast enabled app, like Hulu, Netflix, and over the top tv streaming services. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 5 of 5

nsandell wrote:

Using a chrome browser isn't an acceptable solution. Needing a computer or navigating in chrome on a phone is way less convenient than a chromecast enabled app, like Hulu, Netflix, and over the top tv streaming services. 

When it was mentioned to use chome to cast, that is for a windows PC only, chome on a mobile device will still be blocked.