Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Activate HBO Go

New Poster

Activate HBO Go

I am unable to activate HBO GO on my Apple tv. 

I go to the site hbogo.com/activate.

Select "Apple tv" as device

Select Comcast Xfinity

Then directed to the xfnity website.

Unable to enter the Activation Code as I have done in the past... not able to get past xfinity page.

I've called customer service (ha!) through xfinity twice and told both times it's not an xfinity issue. The rep tonight was outright rude. 

Any solutions besides dumping Xfinity?

New Poster

Re: Activate HBO Go

I’m experiencing the same currently; I participated in the survey and left a recording that the customer service rep was rude. I’m uncertain if the poor service will receive address but I’m more interested in a resolution to the problem: I cannot find where I’m to enter this Apple TV code in my Xfinity account

I plan to cancel my service if unable to identify a solution
Official Employee

Hi Shannon6, are you trying to set up the account on your Apple TV equipment or are you using a laptop/desktop? Have you tried rebooting the equipment? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am have the exact same problem while trying to activate the XBox One code. The app tells us to go to www.hbogo.com to enter a specific code to activate our device. When you are finally able to find the code activation section on hbogo.com it asks you for device. You select your device and then are directed to the next page the asks you to select your provider. You choose Xfinity and are directed to Xfinity's home page with no place to enter a code. No amount of resets will ever fix this problem.

Regular Contributor

Earlier today I installed and was able to successfully activate the HBO GO app on my Apple TV 4K.  I went through the same steps as the OP, but at some point in the process (I believe prior to entering the code) I was taken to a screen on my computer that prompted me to register for HBO GO by creating a user ID.  Did you see this screen?  I'll attempt to attach a screen capture of what it looked like.  Note that the same user ID I created for HBO GO was also used by the Showtime Anytime app when I installed it later in the day.  Anyway, I don't know if this will help but I saw the topic and thought I'd add my $0.02 Smiley Wink

hbo go registration and  id creation.jpg
New Poster

I cant activate HBO GO on my apple tv. After entering Xfinity - it brings me to xfinity home page - but no where to enter the code.  Please help

Service Expert

@ARoos wrote:

I am unable to activate HBO GO on my Apple tv. 

I go to the site hbogo.com/activate.

Select "Apple tv" as device

Select Comcast Xfinity

Then directed to the xfnity website.

Unable to enter the Activation Code as I have done in the past... not able to get past xfinity page.

I've called customer service (ha!) through xfinity twice and told both times it's not an xfinity issue. The rep tonight was outright rude. 

Any solutions besides dumping Xfinity?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/HBO-GO-Activation-Broken/m-p/2933688/highlight/true#M8443

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation