Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

ABC and NBC?

New Poster

ABC and NBC?

Why can I not watch basic cable channels on the xfinity tv app?

Contributor

Re: ABC and NBC?

Hi Dstoll1,

Depending on if you are on your In-Home network, you should hopefully have access to a live stream version of ABC and NBC. Once you are out of your Home Network, you would be restricted to the channel that are available outside your home network. 

Due to license agreements, Comcast may not have the distribution rights to broadcast and live stream certain channels outside of your home. Depending on what kind of content you want to watch, you could view the NBC Sports Live App that streams some sports that air on NBC???

Comcast has been continually adding more and more channels to its outside line-up. Hopefully some day they will announce these channels in the future.

TheTechGuy007

New Poster

I'm on my home network Smiley Sad

Contributor

Dstoll1 wrote:

I'm on my home network Smiley Sad

Do you have XFINITY internet service or another provider? If another provider, there is no way for Comcast to know that you are in-home. If XFINITY internet and TV, you should see your full channel lineup.  Be sure to disable the "Availalbe out of home" filter in Live TV and On Demand.

Comcast offers ABC and NBC when out of home in select markets where they've secured those rights for stations owned by ABC and NBC as opposed to affiliates (Philadelphia, Chicago, San Francisco, and etc).

New Poster

Alright we don't have xfinity internet so that part make sure sense, but I do live in the Chicago area so I should still get ABC and NBC? ANy other suggestions?

Contributor

Dstoll1 wrote:

Alright we don't have xfinity internet so that part make sure sense, but I do live in the Chicago area so I should still get ABC and NBC? ANy other suggestions?

Just ABC and NBC in the On Demand: TV section of the app, unfortunately.  You can also find them in On Demand: Networks if you want to just see shows from those networks. 

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation