Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

8001 Error

New Poster

8001 Error

Hi! I posted this within a separate thread but was unable to get direct help, so am posting again in hopes that someone may be able to better help if I posted it as a topic:

Every single recording since Monday January 15th 2018 I try to play or download on the app both gives me an Error::8001 notice and refuses to download, stating that it's unable to download the video at this time and that I should check back later, but when I try again (both hours and days later), the recordings still don't play or download.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Unfortunately, any former downloads that I was able to keep on my device (an iPad) prior to Monday now say that they are on an "unnamed device" and are unable to be downloaded again, but this isn't so as they were formerly on the same iPad I deleted and reinstalled the app on (and, therefore, those downloads were deleted when I deleted the app). I am now unable to be download these episodes on the reinstalled app as well. I'd appreciate any help from a Comcast employee! (And massive thank you!)

Service Expert

Re: 8001 Error

OkieDoke88 wrote:

Hi! I posted this within a separate thread but was unable to get direct help, so am posting again in hopes that someone may be able to better help if I posted it as a topic:

Every single recording since Monday January 15th 2018 I try to play or download on the app both gives me an Error::8001 notice and refuses to download, stating that it's unable to download the video at this time and that I should check back later, but when I try again (both hours and days later), the recordings still don't play or download.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Unfortunately, any former downloads that I was able to keep on my device (an iPad) prior to Monday now say that they are on an "unnamed device" and are unable to be downloaded again, but this isn't so as they were formerly on the same iPad I deleted and reinstalled the app on (and, therefore, those downloads were deleted when I deleted the app). I am now unable to be download these episodes on the reinstalled app as well. I'd appreciate any help from a Comcast employee! (And massive thank you!)

what is the rest of the error code (may be at bottom of the window)? are you in the usa not on a VPN etc or out of the country?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation