Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

13 minutes of 45 minute show

Frequent Visitor

13 minutes of 45 minute show

So I seemed to be having an issue with xfinity go. A few shows show up as only partially recorded. 

Dvr shows full show has record .

whats the deal!

image.png

image.png

Official Employee

Re: 13 minutes of 45 minute show

Stein-97 wrote:

So I seemed to be having an issue with xfinity go. A few shows show up as only partially recorded. 

Dvr shows full show has record .

whats the deal!

Hi, sorry about that. I looked at your account and you have plenty of space available on your Cloud DVR (limited to 60 hours versus 500GB for the physical DVR). That show recorded for 12 minutes and 4 seconds according to the system which only shows "incomplete" but no reason. There were no conflicts either so I'm guessing the Cloud DVR simply glitched and stopped recording. It also happens sometimes on the physical DVR and they fall back to On Demand. As you can see, the XTV app and portal have this available On Demand which will hopefully help you a bit. 

Again, sorry this recording failed. I'll let the technical team know.

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

So this was the second time to happen to me, some reason I think this is just the beginning.

thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

I don't have X1, so no cloud DVR. Still, I've occasionally had recordings get split or cut off. Usually stuff recorded late at night (like around 12-1am.) I had "Jay Leno's Garage" cut off at 50 minutes, and the second "Stan Against Evil" episode split into 3 pieces (20/1/10 minutes). Both were recorded Thursday morning. My modem didn't log anything happening signal-wise. This seems to happen once a month or so. On the DTA in the bedroom, the morning after that happens on the DVR, it can sometimes take a few seconds to sync into a channel the first time I tune into it. I am beginning to think these issues could be Comcast updating encryption keys or something like that.

Another reason for some recording splits is an EAS test. You can see the last one detected in the iGuide diagnostics (there wasn't one for Thursday's issue.)

New Poster

This happens to us ALL of the time.  Has been happening for years.  I have had several tickets opened over it.. and they have never figured it out.  It's always the best shows, too..  Game of Thrones is my current one.  3 minutes available on streaming... whole show is on DVR.  This is Us, Modern Family, and a few others.  We typically have to wait to stream them a day late off of onDemand.. or sit at the main DVR and watch them.

Administrator
Administrator

Original poster has not returned. Blocking new replies. If you are experiencing this issue, please make a new post detailing your problems as it might not be related to this one.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation