Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
You can contribute an answer or post a question.
Reply
Posted by
New Visitor
  • Happy Valentine's Day 2015!
Member Since: ‎01-03-2010
Posts: 1

Re: Norton won't open

no norton protection. Please fix>>>

Posted by
Security Expert
Member Since: ‎10-28-2003
Posts: 5,495

Re: Norton won't open

Hi kkirchoffner,

 

Could you give us some more info in regards to your problem?  Is it installed, just installed, has been woerking and just quit etc.

 

Please also tell us your operating system XP/Vista/Win 7.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Posted by
Visitor
Member Since: ‎10-07-2009
Posts: 1

Re: Norton won't open

im having the same problem..after the update my norton wont open..i have no other virus or spyware/security on the comp besides nss

 

 

Posted by
Security Expert
Member Since: ‎10-28-2003
Posts: 5,495

Re: Norton won't open


joeandtiffany wrote:

im having the same problem..after the update my norton wont open..i have no other virus or spyware/security on the comp besides nss

 

 


After which update?  Liveupdate, version update or what?

Has NSS been installed and working properly?

 

Please also tell us your operating system XP/Vista/Win 7.

 

 

Please also tell us your operating system XP/Vista/Win 7.

 

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Posted by
New Visitor
Member Since: ‎04-24-2012
Posts: 3

Re: Norton won't open

I am also having problems....it won't finish loading...I am running Windows 7 64 bit

Posted by
Security Expert
Member Since: ‎10-28-2003
Posts: 5,495

Re: Norton won't open

Folks, if you can't supply information we ask for, we can not help you.  We need as much info as you can give us about the siutation you are facing.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Posted by
New Visitor
Member Since: ‎04-24-2012
Posts: 3

Re: Norton won't open

Okay, I am running Windows 7 64 bit. My Nortons would not come up. I researched it and it told me to uninstall and re install constant guard. I did this using the tool provided. It will let me download Constant Guard but when it becomes time for my computer to reboot it doesn't. I reboot manually and constant guard is trying to finish the install. My mouse Icon just keeps showing it circling and circling...is there more information you need?

Posted by
Security Expert
Member Since: ‎10-28-2003
Posts: 5,495

Re: Norton won't open


lebauman wrote:

Okay, I am running Windows 7 64 bit. My Nortons would not come up. I researched it and it told me to uninstall and re install constant guard. I did this using the tool provided. It will let me download Constant Guard but when it becomes time for my computer to reboot it doesn't. I reboot manually and constant guard is trying to finish the install. My mouse Icon just keeps showing it circling and circling...is there more information you need?


Hi lebauman,

 

Thanks for the addtional info.  You mentioned Constant Guard - are you referring to the Constant Guard Protection Suite (CGPS)?  Norton Security Suite (NSS) is a separate program from CGPS.  So we are talking two different programs already - now you see why the more info the better.  Smiley Wink

 

Let's start by looking in Control Panel > Programs & Features and see if CGPS is present - if so, please uninstall it.

 

Now, is your Nortons present ( I am assuming you had it installed prior to installing CGPS) and working?

 

If not let us know if it is still installed or not and we'll go from there.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Posted by
New Visitor
Member Since: ‎04-24-2012
Posts: 3

Re: Norton won't open

Okay, I have uninstalled Constant Guard and looked in my programs. I do not have Norton's installed anymore. Where do I find just Nortons without the Constant Guard program. The link on the Comcast site installs both with Constant Guard being pre-loaded first then it is supposed to reboot and continue the install. Do you need more information?

Posted by
Security Expert
Member Since: ‎10-28-2003
Posts: 5,495

Re: Norton won't open


lebauman wrote:

Okay, I have uninstalled Constant Guard and looked in my programs. I do not have Norton's installed anymore. Where do I find just Nortons without the Constant Guard program. The link on the Comcast site installs both with Constant Guard being pre-loaded first then it is supposed to reboot and continue the install. Do you need more information?


OK, here is the link for the Norton Security Suite download.

 

http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Products/CGPS/norton/

 

When you go to the URL you will see a popup for Constant Guard Protection suite - please click on the No Thanks Button.  This will reveal the Get it Now Button which will begin the download of the NSS program.

 

Once the install is complete,  open NSS and manually Run LiveUpdate (located on drop-down under PC Security on left side of main page of NSS) as many times as necessary for it to respond "no more updates available". If a reboot is requested, reboot and then continue to Run LiveUpdate until it responds "no more updates available" and then reboot one last time.   Please be patient as I have seen this take up to 10 reboots in some cases.

 

Please let us know your progress.

 

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments