Use this tool to find the codes of your devices and to get specific instructions on programming the codes into your Comcast remote.
I loaded CG on my laptop but it didn't complete successfully and when I tried to uninstall it tells me that there is an invalid uninstall control file. Any ideas for help would be greatly appreciated.
12-05-2011 01:17 PM
I'm also getting a popup that says "There is a problem with accessing the list of Trusted Network Secure inancial Institutions. This is being updated for you. Please try again in a few minutes."
this pops up about every minute after clicking the OK button but it never accomplishes the task.
12-05-2011 01:56 PM
Delete your temp files (CCleaner is great for this, disable 24h option).
Try to install it again and then uninstall.
12-05-2011 02:44 PM
I have used this software a couple of times to remove stuff and it worked pretty good. You could give this
a try Revo Uninstaller, http://www.revouninstaller.com/
12-05-2011 02:55 PM
The free version only works on 32-bit programs. If CG is 32-bit, its worth a shot. I've had better success with Advanced Uninstaller Free.
12-05-2011 04:43 PM
Well so far none of those has worked. I guess I'll try some more tomorrow.
12-06-2011 12:40 AM
I have the same problem with "There is a problem with accessing the list of Trusted Network Secure inancial Institutions. This is being updated for you. Please try again in a few minutes." Did you get this problem solved?
12-12-2011 12:42 AM
Yes I was finally able to uninstall it. I got the following email to help with this.
We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Constant Guard Protection Suite.
Please follow these instructions to UN-install Constant Guard:
1. Copy and paste the following link in your browser â€“ http://s3.cgpsdownload.com/constantguardcleaninsta
2. Select Run
3. Yes if asked Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?
4. Yes to the message â€œConstant Guard will close all browsers and remove all vestiges...Do you want to continueâ€
5. Restart your computer
Then follow these instructions to re-install Constant Guard:
1. Go to www.comcast.net/security
2. Select Get It Now and then Install Now
3. Select Download Now
4. Select Save and then Run
5. Select Yes when asked if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer
6. Select Agree, then Install
7. Create your master PIN and re-enter
8. Select and add the accounts you want protected by Constant Guard
9. Restart computer to complete installation
12-12-2011 07:53 AM
Alerts are an easy, quick way to manage your account and get information - like payment confirmations and your current balance.
©2011 Comcast | Investor Relations | Press Room | Corporate Blog | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Xfinity.com Feedback | Site Map