Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How to remove Constant Guard Protection Suite extension from Chrome?

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1 of 13 (9,470 Views)

How to remove Constant Guard Protection Suite extension from Chrome?

I have tried to remove Constant Guard Protection Suite many times by putting into the trash can on the extensions page, but it always shows up after restarting Chrome.

Any tip would be greatly appreciated.

12 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 13 (10,200 Views)

Re: How to remove Constant Guard Protection Suite extension from Chrome?

Constant Guard appears to be pretty invasive, so much so they had to make a cleaner to rid your system of all it's remnants:

From a previous post:

To completely remove all traces of the Constant Guard software from the computer, download and run the Constant Guard cleaner tool. Click here to download the tool, run the program, and follow the simple prompts to remove the software. You will have to reboot your computer after running the cleaner.

Hope that helps.

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 3 of 13 (9,411 Views)

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Constant Guard appears to be pretty invasive, so much so they had to make a cleaner torid your system of all it's remnants:

From a previous post:

To completely remove all traces of the Constant Guard software from the computer, download and run the Constant Guard cleaner tool. Click here to download the tool, run the program, and follow the simple prompts to remove the software. You will have to reboot your computer after running the cleaner.

Hope that helps.

FWIW

WTP - almost all security products have a removal tool of some sort in order to clean up anything left over by the native uninstallers or if the usual uninstall procedure can not be used.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 4 of 13 (1,596 Views)

I tried to use the cleaner tool, and I still received this message: "Invalid uninstall control file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Constant Guard Protection Suite\Uninstall\uninstall.xml."

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 5 of 13 (1,590 Views)

cmalone627 wrote:

I tried to use the cleaner tool, and I still received this message: "Invalid uninstall control file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Constant Guard Protection Suite\Uninstall\uninstall.xml."

Contact support at White Sky, they are the owners of CGPS an Fast Connect.

http://www.whitesky.com/

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 6 of 13 (831 Views)

I inadvertently clicked Install either Fast Connect or Constant Guard Protection Suite Chrome. I now get pop-ups Install FCPS extension for Chrome. Also Restart computer to complete installation. I have no desire for this program and want to stop the process of installation. I checked my program list and it was not on the list since it had not been completely installed. Therefore could not delete.  I do not know where it is hidden and can be deleted from. I have followed instructions given but come up with an Install pop-up. I have contacted White Sky, but do not know whether they will assist or not. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 7 of 13 (823 Views)

Use the appropriate uninstaller from the lfollowing links:

http://downloads.idvault.com/comcast/cleaner/constantguardcleaninstall.exe

http://downloads.whiteskyservices.com/fcps/fcclean.exe

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 8 of 13 (818 Views)

LoPhatPhuud - Thank you. I utilized the first link which resulted in an all clean message. Hopefully that was accurate and there will be no further attempts to complete the installation. I did not utilize the second link which provided for a clean installation of Fast Connect - not desired by me. I had contacted White Sky but did not receive a reply - as yet. If pop-ups continue I will be back.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 13 (803 Views)

Still getting pop-up Restart computer to complete installation. What say you? Thanks.

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 10 of 13 (795 Views)

At this point contacting White Sky support for help is the best option.,

Mark Twain
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 11 of 13 (782 Views)

Don't know whether you have seen my 2 recent replies. Once again, I am still gettin pop-up Restart your computer to complete installation. This means that next time I restart computer, for whatever reason, the installation of Constant Guard or Fast Connect (whichever) will complete. How, if everything was removed, that can be I do not know. Perhaps I will need to await that event and then check my programs to see whether either one has been added and can then be deleted. Technology is great! Onward and upward with Comcast (infinity).

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 13 (780 Views)

I did contact White Sky support a couple of days ago but never received a reply. Thanks anyway.

Posted by
Security Expert

Message 13 of 13 (770 Views)

Hi Blackjack55 and sorry for the interuption LoPhatPhuud:

It has been stated, "I now get pop-ups Install FCPS extension for Chrome. Also Restart computer to complete installation." 

I have seen problems in the past with uninstalling programs that were either paritally installed or partially removed.  I am wondering if what has worked in the past (regardless of how crazy it may sound).

If you go ahead and finish the installation and/or the install of the FCPS extension for Chrome - even though you do not desire to have it installed,  then once install is completed, try the uninstall that LoPhatPhuud suggested in his previous post and see if that now removes what you are encountering.

Please let us know how things go. 

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'