Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
You can contribute an answer or post a question.
Posted by
Regular Contributor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • On your way! Congrats on Posting 10 topics!
Accepted Solution

How to remove Constant Guard Protection Suite extension from Chrome?

I have tried to remove Constant Guard Protection Suite many times by putting into the trash can on the extensions page, but it always shows up after restarting Chrome.

Any tip would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Re: How to remove Constant Guard Protection Suite extension from Chrome?

Constant Guard appears to be pretty invasive, so much so they had to make a cleaner to rid your system of all it's remnants:

From a previous post:

To completely remove all traces of the Constant Guard software from the computer, download and run the Constant Guard cleaner tool. Click here to download the tool, run the program, and follow the simple prompts to remove the software. You will have to reboot your computer after running the cleaner.

Hope that helps.

Posted by
Security Expert

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Constant Guard appears to be pretty invasive, so much so they had to make a cleaner torid your system of all it's remnants:

From a previous post:

To completely remove all traces of the Constant Guard software from the computer, download and run the Constant Guard cleaner tool. Click here to download the tool, run the program, and follow the simple prompts to remove the software. You will have to reboot your computer after running the cleaner.

Hope that helps.

FWIW

WTP - almost all security products have a removal tool of some sort in order to clean up anything left over by the native uninstallers or if the usual uninstall procedure can not be used.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Posted by
New Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

I tried to use the cleaner tool, and I still received this message: "Invalid uninstall control file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Constant Guard Protection Suite\Uninstall\uninstall.xml."

Posted by
Security Expert

cmalone627 wrote:

I tried to use the cleaner tool, and I still received this message: "Invalid uninstall control file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Constant Guard Protection Suite\Uninstall\uninstall.xml."

Contact support at White Sky, they are the owners of CGPS an Fast Connect.

http://www.whitesky.com/

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2015