members

online now

discussions

How to get rid of the Introducing Norton popup

Posted by
Visitor
Message 1 of 3 (535 Views)

How to get rid of the Introducing Norton popup

I do not want Norton.   I am perfectly happy with what the Mcafee that I have - which I did not download from comast.  Could someone please tell me how to make the "Introducing Norton" popup go away.  I cannot close it - it just reopens elsewhere on my screen. I have called comcast three times, Norton twice (they refer me back to comcast), I even have a comcast problem ticket number, but no one will call me back with a resolution to this problem.  This popup is a constant irritation and is worse than a virus.  I was told by one technician that I had to download Norton to get rid of the popup, but that is ridiculous.  Now I am wondering if it is in fact true.  I hate when companies try to force something down my throat.  I will get rid of comcast if I cannot get this popup off of my computer.
2 REPLIES
Posted by
Security Expert

Message 2 of 3 (531 Views)

Re: How to get rid of the Introducing Norton popup

Understood!!

I have elevated this to our admin and agree with your thoughts.

I have not heard of these actions before, and am sure our admin will contact you in regards to your comments.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 3 of 3 (488 Views)

Re: How to get rid of the Introducing Norton popup

pbarbe wrote:
I do not want Norton.   I am perfectly happy with what the Mcafee that I have - which I did not download from comast.  Could someone please tell me how to make the "Introducing Norton" popup go away.  I cannot close it - it just reopens elsewhere on my screen. I have called comcast three times, Norton twice (they refer me back to comcast), I even have a comcast problem ticket number, but no one will call me back with a resolution to this problem.  This popup is a constant irritation and is worse than a virus.  I was told by one technician that I had to download Norton to get rid of the popup, but that is ridiculous.  Now I am wondering if it is in fact true.  I hate when companies try to force something down my throat.  I will get rid of comcast if I cannot get this popup off of my computer.

Hello pbarbe,

I apologize for the delay.

Are you able to send me a screenshot of the pop up please?

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator