Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Constant Guard prevents use of Paypal when login saved

Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 1 of 2 (1,870 Views)

Constant Guard prevents use of Paypal when login saved

I tried over and over to pay for an item with paypal.  Each time i logged into paypal through the shopping cart, the contents of the shopping cart were lost.  When I removed the PP login from CG  I was able to pay as usual.  Is this a glitch in CG? 

1 REPLY
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 2 (1,840 Views)

Re: Constant Guard prevents use of Paypal when login saved

Hello - I'm not sure if you're looking at a "glitch," or the fact that the auto-fill for online purchases is linked to the stored credit cards, and NOT to the credentials list. If you are using a Paypal credit card, stored in the credit cards, and go through the shopping cart log-out, you should not see an issue. However, if you have your Paypal general account stored as an account in the secure account list - the auto-fill is not going to work. Those accounts are secured, but for billing/payment only - not for purchases. If that is the issue you are seeing then it is not a glitch so much as a need for the product to be enhanced to allow customers to use theri Paypal purchase account (not card) as a stored item associated with the credit cards. Unfortunately this change has not yet been implemented.

I believe what you are seeing is the fact that, when you pay, and are given the option of Paypal - we scan your accounts list, and if we see a Paypal card - will ask if you want to use that. However, we also give the option to "add" or "choose" other - meaning another credit card. However, at that point, you can go to your accounts list and select your Paypal account. If you do, even if you have a card connected to the Paypal account - it will not work.

If this is the case, you can simply select the card you wish to use, and not use Paypal. However, if you have *charged* your Paypal account by putting money into it, and wish to use that, then there isn't a current option for you at this time, using CGPS, and you would need to purchase the item outside of the Constant Guard Protection Suite.