New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

camera triggered by camera motion

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 4

So I use to pay for the 24/7 service which cost 9.99. I noticed that when I looked in my app, it showed me only motion activity recorded. I realize that this was just a highlight. If I wanted to see more, I can.  I recently cancelled this service thinking that I can trigger the camera by its own motion detector (this is what I was told by CS). Apparently I cannot. The system does not recongize the sensor on its own. I'm not sure but I'm guessing that the camera can only detect motion within its own videio when its already recording. Is this the case? Any other option? New firmware? 

I want to set a rule to trigger camera when the camera motion detects it, possible?

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2 of 4
Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 4

I do have 24/7 video recording. I have motion detectors by all indoor cameras. My rule is take 5 picture when any motion is detected. I've checked on the home website to see if it is doing what I want. I can see 5 photos taken by all cameras when any motion sensor detects motion. I was told even if I didn't have 24/7 recording I could set this rule but I seem to recall reading here somewhere that I must have the 24/7 recording for cameras to take pictures. I was also told that Xfinity cameras do not have motion sensors in them. You need a separate motion sensor in the room. 

MtG9 wrote:

So I use to pay for the 24/7 service which cost 9.99. I noticed that when I looked in my app, it showed me only motion activity recorded. I realize that this was just a highlight. If I wanted to see more, I can.  I recently cancelled this service thinking that I can trigger the camera by its own motion detector (this is what I was told by CS). Apparently I cannot. The system does not recongize the sensor on its own. I'm not sure but I'm guessing that the camera can only detect motion within its own videio when its already recording. Is this the case? Any other option? New firmware? 

I want to set a rule to trigger camera when the camera motion detects it, possible?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 4 of 4

Depending on the cameras you have, even without the 24/7 video recording, you should still be allowed to set up rules telling the cameras to take pictures when the motion for the camera is triggered.