Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Using Caseta Scenes within Rules or Setting Dimmer levels inside Rules

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

I am trying to use Lutron Caseta products inside the Xfinity Rule system.  For example, turning on a light.  However, the lights come on full brightness, and I cannot find a way to set the brightness as part of the rule.  I could do this with the Xfinity dimmers.  It would be nice to be able to do this with the Caseta products.

Alternately, if we could incorporate a scene within a Rule, that would be another way to accomplish this and give more flexibility to the programming capabilities.

Is there currently anyway to accomplish either of these now?

1 REPLY
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2 of 2

As an update to my previous post, I have had to control the Caseta dimming light switches (the in the wall type) by using the Lutron app.  It does a goog job of setting the light levels when the lights come on, which is something I could not do with the Xfinity app.  However, the Xfinity app still allows me to control the lights manually within their app, even if I am using the Caseta to control the on/off times and brightness settings.

I just would be nice to do this all within the Xfinity app.  Oh well.  This is better than nothing.