members

online now

discussions

Turn on lights when alarm is triggered

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 7
I have the Lutron Caseta integration and I don't see a "rule" to turn on lights when my alarm goes off. Am I missing something?
6 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 7

Sorry we do not support that rule however it is a great suggestion!  We will add it to our rules backlog for evaluation.

Irene

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 7
This feature was in some of the Comcast television commercials. I hope it's coming soon.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 7
You can set a rule for lights to turn on when the alarm goes off if you are using Centralite (the models installed by Comcast, which you can also find online) or GE/Jasco lighting controllers (available in stores and online).

The Lutron Lights are part of the "works with XFINITY Home" program and currently have a more limited set of supported rules.

Let me know if you need more details... I have a bunch of Centralite lighting controllers and a GE controller and love setting up lighting rules...
Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 7

test1234x wrote:
You can set a rule for lights to turn on when the alarm goes off if you are using Centralite (the models installed by Comcast, which you can also find online) or GE/Jasco lighting controllers (available in stores and online).

The Lutron Lights are part of the "works with XFINITY Home" program and currently have a more limited set of supported rules.

Let me know if you need more details... I have a bunch of Centralite lighting controllers and a GE controller and love setting up lighting rules...

I just paired a Centralite controller and a Sengled lightbulb and was able to set automation rules. 

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 6 of 7

Still no progress unless if you've gone the Lutron Caseta route for lights.   Disappointing that "Works with XFinity" means so little. 

This is really a very basic request: If the alarm goes off turn on x lights.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 7 of 7
Solution

If you have an outlet controller on the account, you can create a rule for the lights to come on anytime an alarm is triggered.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon