Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Send me a text if camera detects motion ?

New Poster

Send me a text if camera detects motion ?

How do I set up a rule to receive a text message if outdoor cameras detect motion ?
Xfinity Home Security installed the cameras, and there is 24/7 recording, including videos of motion events, but it seems silly that I must check the system all day to see if there are any videos. Instead, I should receive a notification (via text, email, etc) when motion is detected. What am I missing ???
Valued Contributor

Re: Send me a text if camera detects motion ?

At this time there is no way to set a rule based on motion detection from the Comcast Cameras.  I have been trying to get an answer out of Comcast for months as to why this can't be done as the cameras have motion detection, but have never gotten a response as to why not or if they will someday activate this.

New Poster

Re: Send me a text if camera detects motion ?

spacecadet57 - Thanks for sharing your same experience with lack of real-time notification for motion events.  Seems like most security cameras on the market offer real-time alerts / texts to your phone, so the technology is widely available.  We are trying out the Comcast cameras because we were already using Comcast Home Security.  So for now, I guess we must check our phones frequently to determine if suspicious activity is occurring at the house.

By the way, in a funny twist of irony, I received a real-time alert (via email) about an hour ago that you responded to my question about real-time alerts. 

@spacecadet57 wrote:

At this time there is no way to set a rule based on motion detection from the Comcast Cameras.  I have been trying to get an answer out of Comcast for months as to why this can't be done as the cameras have motion detection, but have never gotten a response as to why not or if they will someday activate this.

@spacecadet57 wrote: