Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Send Text when door is still open past certain time

Frequent Visitor

Send Text when door is still open past certain time

I have a door sensor on my garage door.  I want to setup a rule setup that sends me a text message if the door is still open at 9pm.  However when I tried to do this all I get each night is a text message regardless if the door is opened or closed at 9pm.  The garage door sensor is set as a perimiter sensor so it doesn't trip the alarm when opened or closed.

Current Rule copied from my portal - 'I want Garage Door to send text message when it is not closed between 9:00p and 9:00p'

I also have the below rule which behaves the same way - I get a text message every night at 10pm regrdless if the system is armed or not.

'I want Security System to send text message when it is not armed in night mode between 10:00p and 10:00p'

Any suggestions?

Official Employee

Re: Send Text when door is still open past certain time

In the desired rule: "I want garage door to send text message when it is not closed between 9pm and 9pm" i notice you set the time to the same time.  Just to confirm, is the desire to know what the status of the door is? Same thing for the Security system rule, is the desire to know if "at" 10pm you are not armed in "arm night"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon