Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Notification upgrade needed

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2 (1,559 Views)

Notification upgrade needed

The primary reason many people need a security camera is to be notified when someone is lurking around the property. ( Before they enter your home!)   Comcast is not quite up to speed in this area. I have one 24/7 camera and three regular cameras outside, where they are needed. None of the cameras will notify you of outside movement. The one 24/7 does record but you need to review all of the recordings individualy to see if anything was going on. So past tense, not in real time. Crazy.

The cameras can send a text or email when paired with the motion sensor, which has been build primarily for the inside of the house, and once you have build the appropriate rule. Again crazy. This does not help. I will be moving the sensor from the inside to the outside in order to see if it will work well enough to get notifications of outside movement. Why oh why would they build something that will not notify you of outside movement? If this does not work I will be returning the system. Comcast, we need outside cameras with motion sensors in the cameras that will allow for realtime notification.  Other systems have done this. 

1 REPLY
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 2 (622 Views)

Re: Notification upgrade needed

I agree, this makes the outdoor cameras pretty much useless. Not to mention the lag and disconnections. I am seriously thinking of cancelling Security.