Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No recording but rule is set

New Poster

No recording but rule is set

Why do I have rules set to record when motion is detected, but I have no recordings? Some jerks threw my garbage cans all over the place today and I have no record of it!!!

And why, when I try to chat, does it give me the error that my phone number is not valid, yet there is no box requesting a phone number??????

#ringisbetter

Official Employee

Re: No recording but rule is set

Hi ihatexfnity, I can address your camera concerns here. The object or person must be within the sensors range to detect any movement, please make sure your settings are set properly and your camera is in range of the area in question. Also you may have to repair your camera if your equipment is offline, please click on this link for more information on how to perform this task. If you need further assistance with your camera please reach back out to me here. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Re: No recording but rule is set

What are you using to determine motion?  A motion sensor or are you trying to use a camera?  If a sensor are you sure that it is caputuring motion?  You can test by seeing if the red light goes on.