online now

discussions

New Rule System State Arming

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 2

I love the new rule system!

Could you add a state for "Arming..."

Reason I ask is for example when I set my garage doors to notify me of activity when Armed in Stay / at home / night   but no other states this works great except.....when I arm the system and walk out the system rules classifies the current state as armed so when I open/close the garage doors as I leave the house it flags me saying the doors are oipen in closed since it thinks the system is armed even though it is in the two minute arm phase.

If you add an arming state i would choose to not notify me of garage door activity while it is arming.

1 REPLY
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 2

Yes, yes, yes... the system should know the difference between "Armed" and "Arming".

For example, I want a rule that turns on the living room lights when the front door is open if the system is armed and it's after sunset. The current rules setup lets me create this rule.

The idea, obviously, is that if I come home in the evening and open the front door with the system armed then the living room lights come on. And they do - after a 5-10 second delay (which is a separate issue).

The problem is that when I decide to leave the house in the evening, set the system to arm in away mode via the touchscreen, and exit the front door then - voila - the living room lights come on as I'm stepping off the front porch.