New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Door left open alert/ bedroom sensors

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 2
1. How long does the door have to be left open to get an alert? I was fast asleep all night. I woke up to a text saying my back door was left open. And I know I never left.
2. I'd like my door sensors I have on bedrooms to not have to be closed in order to set my alarm. How would I do that?
Thank you in advance for your time
1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

Hello Kparadise. As for an alert of when your door is opened or closed, you have to create a rule to get that alert which you can get almost immediately. In order to manage or create rules, follow this link

Please see the steps below that will walk you through the steps of bypassing your bedroom door sensors and still be able to arm your security system. 

Bypassing Zones

On the Home screen, a gray Security shield (Not Ready) means that there's a system issue that needs to be resolved before you can arm the system. A summary of the issues is shown below the Security shield.

1. Tap the Security shield.
    XFINITY Home Touchscreen Controller Home screen.

2. On the Arm System screen, tap Bypass next to an open zone (sensor) to bypass an individual sensor, or tap Bypass Open Zones to bypass all open sensors. If you bypass a sensor, it won't trigger an alarm when the system is armed. For example, if you bypass the side door sensor and then arm your system, someone entering through the side door won't trigger an alarm.
    XFINITY Home Touchscreen Controller Arm System screen.

3. Once you've cleared or bypassed all zone issues, the Security shield changes to green (Ready). Tap the shield to arm your system as usual.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon