online now

discussions

Disarm Alert Rule

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 1 of 6

I continue to have a problem with one of my rules - sporadically - I have a disarm rule setup to text me whenever the system is disarmed - Usually works in the AM only and stops working until the next AM - Text or E-mail yields the same result.  - I've been told it's a known issue - but that was 5-6 months ago - Still nothing - Anyone else having this issue?

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 6

Is it possible you are running into the 100 SMS per day limit?

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 6

Not at all - And since it works in the AM and then in the PM it's not that.  Something happens midday - And the alert isn't turned off - nothing changes - just not being alerted.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 6

I also have encountered the same sporadic alert recently.  Asked Comcast Tech for help/support outlining what I did so fay (a) reboot screen (b) check rules (c) check contact data for being correct.  Nothing different, but I do recall a "system Upgrade" the beginning of Nov.

Awaiting another promised "callback" from Xfinity tech support now that I have ticket number.... still waiting.

Confidence being lost quickly when no alert sent when your system is DISARMED, when it was fine for YEARS.

Everyine- please keep an eye on this and put pressure on Xfinity to resolve.  Besides peace of mind, your own home could be at stake...

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 6

I just had this happen to me today (1/2/16).  System was disarmed and we received no notification text.  Thankfully I have Arlo's set up outside the front door to detect motion so I knew someone was at the house.  But nothing from my xfinity service.

Comcast - we need this fixed!  This is a home SECURITY system.  We want what we pay for please.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 6 of 6
Solution

Looks like my issue has been resolved - It all was resolved when Comcast removed all the "apps" from the Touch screen - Voicemail, Puzzles, News, Etc.. Maybe it was causing too much of a delay,  but I am fixed.... keeping fingers crossed!