members

online now

discussions

Controlling caseta with rules.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 7

I put in a couple caseta dimmers, controlling the dimmers via the app works fine.  

But if I can control the lights via my app, can I control them with rules?  

I like the additional functionality and am going to dramatically expand the amount of dimmers I have, but not being able to add them into rules kind of defeats the purpose of integrating them with the alarm system.  

Using the Lutron app is no different than using the xh app, so as far as that goes, the actual integration is kind of pointless.

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 7

Can someone from Comcast tell us when we will be able to make rules using the Caseta Lights system?  Both Comcast and Lutron make it sound like there is seemless integration but do not tell you that you can not make rules.  This integration is pointless if you can not use rules to use the lights with the security system.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 7

Xfinity tech support is clueless when it comes to this issue.  Now that Xfinity does not sell in-wall light switches, why do they still put as their most popular Rule Example, Automating the Outside Lights, when it is flat-out impossible to do right now?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 4 of 7
I would like to setup a rule with a motion sensor and a lutron switch. But as of this time I am unable to do so. This is a very important miss on the side of xfinity. So i say this to Xfinty.

Guys, Lutron has an API. Tell your developers to integrate via the API. Im sure this is very do-able. Should only take about 2 months from concept to final QA testing.

Sincerely, A professional software engineer.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 7

We just added the capability to add a few rules on mobile only for Lutron lights, Chamberlain garage door and Nest!

Irene

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 6 of 7

I tried to find options to create rules in lights after I successfully paired the Caseta account.  No rules for lights are available (though I got one for water, even though I don't have water sensors). 

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 7 of 7

I'm in the same boat.  I succesfully paired the Caseta account, but there are options to create rules for lights that are displaying for me.