Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

voice portal not working

Regular Visitor

voice portal not working

I can't use voice mail on my desktop computer, I have chatted with tech last night but they could not find answer

Service Expert

Re: voice portal not working

lizbetnil1 wrote:

I can't use voice mail on my desktop computer, I have chatted with tech last night but they could not find answer

What errors are you receiving.  Which Browser are you using?   Did you attempt with other browsers?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I am using firefox but it's the same when I use IE....the screen takes me toa sales pitch for voicemail to see if it's available. It happens both with my desktop and my laptop

Regular Contributor

I am also not seeing voice mail on the Xfinity website. I can see the call log but voice mail displays the following error screen. Both MS Edge and IE 11 in Win 10 display this. After 15 minutes, chat tech support still did not understand the problem. Not being able to post a screen shot in chat is a real time waster. I gave up and ended the chat. The Xfinity Connect android app will also Not display voice mail.

voicemail.JPGvoice mail error screen

New Poster

I'm having the same problem (Sorry This page no longer exists or it may have moved to a new address. Please check the address and try again.) with voice portal not working on the computer or my iPhone.  I can use my home phone and receive messages.  This problem started when Xfinity changed their program.  Tech support could not help and I was to receive a message back from someone that could take care of the problem but after 48 hours still no return calls.  This problem is diffently a program in house problem and not customer related.  Hopefully, Xfinity can get this program glitch taken care of and customers can start using the program the way it was designed.  It would be nice if when customers called in to ask about this problem that they were informed that it was being worked on and not go through all the motions of acting like you can help when you know until your program glitch is fixed customers will continue to have this problem.  Just be upfront and say... Sorry, we are working on it and hoping to get it fixed soon. 

Official Employee

Hi all, I apologize for your experiences but this is  a known issue with the voice portal and it is currently being worked on by the right teams to resolve.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the heads up.  I'm not happy that it's not working but at least now I know there is a problem that Comcast is aware of and it's being worked on.

Thanks again for the reply.

Valued Contributor

I just checked and readable voicemail is working.  Thank you all!!!!!

Official Employee

Great to hear that everything is working for you fisk72, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns in the future.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

It's been almost 3 weeks now and I am still not able to access voice through my computer to delete messages. I have to search house to find the phone........

Official Employee

Hi lizbetnil1, I apologize for your experiences with your phone portal, I can assist in troubleshooting this further and will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I used to get the readable voice message, but no longer get the readable voice message.  I've checked my settings but still no readable voice messages.  Recently my voice messages may or may not show up on-line.  Sometimes the voice message are on my home phone so I would have to access my voice message from the phone device and it doesn't show up on-line and yet every once in awhile there's a voice message I can access on-line but it doesn't show up as a reable voice message.  How did you resolve the issue of voice messages not showing up for the others with that problem?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation